Penn battle 4000

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hiljun

Penn battle 4000

Post by Hiljun »

Sams club in tally has Penn 4000 battle series reels on a Penn Surf rod for $99. I just bought a 3000 series at Bass pro for that without a rod. Just in case anyone is interested. :beer:
FishWithChris

Re: Penn battle 4000

Post by FishWithChris »

Hiljun wrote:I just bought a 3000 series at Bass pro for that without a rod. Just in case anyone is interested. :beer:
Should've went with the Conflict! I have a 2500 that is an ABSOLUTE BEAST!!! everything from 20"+ Trout, overslot reds, and even some 20lb AJs!!! Their new drag system is beastly... just ask Milto :lol: :lol: :lol:
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
foxtrotuniform

Post by foxtrotuniform »

galantnole wrote: Should've went with the Conflict! I have a 2500 that is an ABSOLUTE BEAST!!! everything from 20"+ Trout, overslot reds, and even some 20lb AJs!!! Their new drag system is beastly... just ask Milto :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice reel, but I wish they'd put a proper handle on that thing. The one that's on it feels like winding with a ping pong ball...
timmy0257

Post by timmy0257 »

I was shopping for Memorial Day vittles this past weekend and saw two nice rigs at Costco. I picked up a Shimano surf/in-shore rod and intended to buy it until saw some of the guide grommets fall out. I put it back and decided to pass. It was a 4000 series shimano rod and reel, cannot recall the model name though.

i have a Saros2500/Teramar combo that I pieced together and love it. Seeing that rod lose its guides scared to to buy that one though.

I have been looking for a good 4000 series reel and found a Penn Fierce on ebay that I may pick up.
Hiljun

Post by Hiljun »

I just missed two penn 4000 battle reels on ebay. They sold for about $96 for the pair. And came from north Arkansas so it was a good chance they have never seen the salt water. There is an online store I believe it's called boaters supply. They sell there reels about $25 cheaper than bass pro.