St Marks 5/24 - 5/25

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

guthooked
Site Sponsor

St Marks 5/24 - 5/25

Post by guthooked »

The family and I fished St Marks this past Saturday and Sunday. Most of our time was spent on the west side. Saturday was a very good day with ten solid keepers. One 22 incher. Only four or five shorts. All were caught on live shrimp under a cork in water that was between 80 and 84 degrees. All fish were caught in 3 to 5 feet of water. We also caught several good sized bonnet heads which were a lot of fun for my 11 year old son. Sunday was a different story. I threw everything but the kitchen sink their way and could only manage three keepers. Tried East and West, live shrimp and gulps, but limited luck. Saturday it seemed so easy. No big variations in the weather. No reason that I could see for the turn off.
spoton
Site Sponsor

Re: St Marks 5/24 - 5/25

Post by spoton »

Of course that's why they call it fishing. Just when you think you've got it all figured out, it sometimes defies explanation.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

You have to try them at all depths even in the same depth water the next day. One day they bite on top, another day on the bottom or even in the middle depth. One day they like it fast, another day slow. Sometimes you have to make them bite.

Or they could be moved somewhere else.

Every day is different.

You have to find them to catch um.

That is what makes it fun!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Slough
Site Sponsor

Post by Slough »

:thumbup: :beer: :thumbup:
LAWRENCE AUTOMOTIVE-LAWRENCE AUTO PARTS
BIG SLOUGH KENNELS
grasscarp

Post by grasscarp »

I think the fish started to turn off on Sunday and Monday. I think it's the moon
lmmoore

Post by lmmoore »

Saturday must have been the day. Nephew limited out on trout at Econfina. Monday I fished SGI beach and bayside and caught some small whiting, blue fish and sailcats. :(
guthooked
Site Sponsor

Post by guthooked »

Thanks,
I was beginning to think I was just an idiot. My wife kept asking why we had such a great day on Sat but a poor day Sunday. I made up some crap about the tide and pre-frontal conditions, you know cause I'm a man and didn't want to say I had no clue, but I don't think she bought it.