St. Teresa 09/11/2004

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

2true

St. Teresa 09/11/2004

Post by 2true »

Went to the bait hole to catch shrimp with my buddy at crack of dawn. Met up wit Aucilla there. (really nice guy) we talk about fishing and how 3 grown men would find pleasure in standing in the dark throwing a cast net for shrimp. :o

The conversation turned to Aucilla talking about recently catching one keeper redfish at St. Teresa and one too big to keep. I reply that I havent caught a redfish in 2 years. :sleep:

I give him so bait and he goes to fish for a little while before he goes scuba diving. Me and my buddy hit the fishing hole. MAN THE ACTION WAS HOTTT !!! :lick:

All the Catfish And Stingray one could ever WANT !!!! :roll:

I throw a small Greenback and piece of shrimp out on my small pole (Penn SS4200 and $7.00 walmart Durango Pole, I fish In Style) waiting to bring in my beautiful catfish bounty, and I get a strong bite. I was like yeaaaa Another catfish. :cry:

As soon as I grab the pole I notice a rather large tail with a big RED SPOT on it. :thumbup:

45 minutes and 4 times almost being spooled on my litttle reel, I pull in my 38 inch redfish. I got pictures but i have to use the rest of the film in the camera. (post pics soon) :-D

WHAT A CATCH !!!! Oh yeah when I first got there I saw some big dark brown thing break the water about 4-5 foot long. (cobia? Shark?)

What a great day !! :beer:
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

2T- Nice job :thumbup: :thumbup:

I Cant wait to see the pics!

MJ
Flats

Post by Flats »

I happen to be in the area and had to stop and watch this battle take place - the fish took 2t down the shore line for a scenic tour. That was one BIG beautiful red fish and the good news is that even after such a long battle and pictures, we were able to revive the fish and it swim happily off (well maybe not happy) to battle another day. I hope the pictures turn out ok.
Aucilla
Site Sponsor

Post by Aucilla »

2T was bemoaning, only hours before, how he hadn't had a redfish in such a long time, etc. etc. It is so cool that he had this great experience. A great way to introduce himself to the board! Especially now that he found a witness! :wink:
2true

YO !

Post by 2true »

CAN I GET A WITNESS :smt059