Ecofina -- Thursday 19 June

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

charlie tuna

Ecofina -- Thursday 19 June

Post by charlie tuna »

Water temperature 84 degrees, seas -- smooth. Water is clearing up -- much better than two weeks ago. Could see bottom clearly in three feet of water. Plenty of bait, not too much top water action? Started fishing around 7:30 AM , solid action for two and a half hours ---- Jacks, ladyfish, redfish, trout, and flounder. Four redfish were slot fish but on the bottom end of the slot -- released. Four of the six trout were over 22 inches -- released. Took four flounder for table fare!!! Back on the trailer at 11:15 AM.....
Hoxnan

Re: Ecofina -- Thursday 19 June

Post by Hoxnan »

Sounds like you had a nice morning :thumbup: Good to hear the water is clearing up as well
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

Started with a jig head and Gulp Root Beer , which worked good, then switched to a jig head with a white Gulp and never changed because fishing was "red hot". Lost a few nice trout right at the boat, as well as one nice red...
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Way to go Charlie Tuna! That's what I call FISHING!

A good report and thank you.

We have the boat hooked up and loaded for tomorrow. Looks like early morning might be the best time. Moon transit around 8:15 close to high tide with a good 2 foot fall. We'll see!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

Found lots of current, your prime is 8:13 to 10:13. I worked the points after the prime time and still had decent action, caught two to three fish at each stop. Work the points facing Southwest.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Solid report, thanks for posting. Love those flatties :lick: :thumbup:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
spothogg
Site Sponsor

Post by spothogg »

Nice report! Forgive my ignorance, but did you launch out of Ecofina River State Park? Recently picked up a Gheenoe Classic and getting to know the area.
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

Yes, I launched out of the park. It can get a little tricky on a low tide, just can't get in a hurry. It helps to look your fishing areas over during those low tides to determine where the oyster bars are and how the water runs around them -- for fishing AND navigational purposes!!
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

Nice to hear a good fishing report :thumbup:
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
spothogg
Site Sponsor

Post by spothogg »

charlie tuna wrote:Yes, I launched out of the park. It can get a little tricky on a low tide, just can't get in a hurry. It helps to look your fishing areas over during those low tides to determine where the oyster bars are and how the water runs around them -- for fishing AND navigational purposes!!
Cool, thanks for the info!