Shatchee 6-21

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

brotherinlaw

Shatchee 6-21

Post by brotherinlaw »

Picked up my buddy Gabe and headed down to the Hatch meet up with Loyd and Pam. Loyd just got a new to him 21ft Carolina Skiff and was chompin atthe bit to try it out and of course I didn't mind taking my boat in case he had problems.

Loyd's boat ran great and he was very pleased with the new ride.

On to the fishing. We headed out around 6:30 am towards Keaton for about 4 miles. The plan was for Gabe to start catchin trout while I caught bait then move in shallower with the tide. Gabe did manage 1 keeper (turned out to be the only keeper he would boat for the day)in the 25 minutes minutes it took me to catch up a dozen pins.
Moved in to 2.5- 3 ft and commenced to catchin. Tally 9 keeper trout 16.5 - 22 inches. 1 spanish 15" that I caught on the bait rod. Headed in at 12:30 to work on another boat at the house and cut some grass. All caught on cut pins except the one Gabe caught early and the spanish. Water temp 85 clear.

Loyd chose to stay out in deeper water and only got 1 17" trout all day.
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Re: Shatchee 6-21

Post by Rhettley »

I guess the warm water isn't bothering them since you found them up shallow. Sounds like a good trip except for the grass cutting.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: Shatchee 6-21

Post by SS-342 »

That is the way to do it!

Good report!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP