Ecofina -- Friday 27th June

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

charlie tuna

Ecofina -- Friday 27th June

Post by charlie tuna »

Made an afternoon trip today fishing the top of the incoming tide. Launched around 12:30 PM and arrived at my points around 1:15 PM. River water temperature 84, gulf water 86 degrees. Some scattered grass for the first time this year for me?? Water is clear, but what I call - "ice tea". Could see the bottom clearly in three feet of water. Plenty of bait -- mullet large and fingers -- lots of glass minnows and a good number of pin fish. Started casting a Gulp White Shrimp w/chartreaus tail. Got into plenty of ladyfish(small to medium) that were chasing the glass minnows. Within the first thirty minutes caught three slot flounder. For the second trip in a row, had a boater run up on top of me while casting a shore line??? What's with this? Wide open areas and this guy has to come and fish alongside me -- WITH HIS ENGINE RUNNING - while two guys are casting off his bow??? I tried to move away from him using my trolling motor, but as soon as I caught a fish, he would come right up on me???? That kind of screwed up that point and shoreline!!! I moved to another point, and he ran off to fish trout, I think?? The next point had lots of surface action that turned out to be jacks up to 2 pounders, they were fun using surface plugs, also picked up two nice slot trout on surface action mixed in with the jacks. Solid action as the tide was near full up. Moved to a small river mouth. and caught two reds just over the slot on the Gulp White Shrimp, plus two nice flounder. Took four flounder for table fair, released everything else. Was back on the trailer by 4:15 PM. Plenty of action....
cheesecrakr

Re: Ecofina -- Friday 27th June

Post by cheesecrakr »

You have to wonder... there's a whole ocean out there and people want to climb on our backs and fish over our shoulders. Sounds like you had a great day though overall, thanks for the report!
cast-n-stone
Site Sponsor

Re: Ecofina -- Friday 27th June

Post by cast-n-stone »

Thanks for the report Charlie! Water temp will be in mid 90's after this weekend's heat!!