Thanks to Tom Wheeler. NFGFC July Tournament

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Thanks to Tom Wheeler. NFGFC July Tournament

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Tom did a great job of cleaning up my boat last week. It had developed some nasty water stains, but that guy does magic. Before and after pics below. If ya'll need your boats detailed give him a call. Thanks Tom!

With the clean boat Matt, OreoCwby and I headed to the tournament on Saturday. Once we got out of the car we managed to avoid any storms for the remainder of the day. Decided to fish the Islands to stay out of the wind; could hear waves breaking on the outside. Caught probably 15 reds on top in the morning, but couldn't muster one over about 25.5". We didn't have a trout in the boat at 10:00, so we decided to leave the reds and relocate in search of trout. After about a 45 minute run we picked up sub-surface lures and began chucking. By 2 we had the large trout and a winning stinger. Hooked a good sized tarpon in the process. Only dim spot in the day was when OreoCwby shattered my Cumara. Don't think it was really his fault since it broke on the first cast after the run, but it was in his hands. Good to see everyone at weigh-in.

Jeff, how did your red fair in the ABC tournament?
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Re: Thanks to Tom Wheeler. NFGFC July Tournament

Post by dolphinatic »

Very nice....told you a clean boat was good luck :roll:

Thanks again Brian, I appreciate the business :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

BTW, who got the runner up trout?
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
ontiltttttt

Post by ontiltttttt »

Holy cow, looks like a new boat! Now I wanna get my boat (15' Whaler) detailed :o
TroutTrent

Post by TroutTrent »

hey Brian, congrats on the win and yes the red did hold up for the ABC tournament we took first for red and of course did not do anything with the trout we had and thanks to Tom wheeler I got second big trout in the club tournament :thumbup: hope me and one keeper can work it out to see you guys at the next tournament
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

TroutTrent wrote:hey Brian, congrats on the win and yes the red did hold up for the ABC tournament we took first for red and of course did not do anything with the trout we had and thanks to Tom wheeler I got second big trout in the club tournament :thumbup: hope me and one keeper can work it out to see you guys at the next tournament
How big was your "runner up" trout, Jeff? Congrats btw :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com