End of an era

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Mister Mullet

End of an era

Post by Mister Mullet »

Reeves Fish Camp, which has been on Lake Miccosukee since 1909, is about to be foreclosed on. This camp was thriving until a few years ago when the state drained it and kept in dry for a couple of years. Compensation to fish camp owners was promised, and is in the Florida Statutes, but has not happened. Eli Reeves is busted. He's been selling off everything he has to stay open, but is about to have his power cut off...and the camp shut down. If any of you legal types have some advice for him to get something from the state...fast...you would be saving a historic landmark. He can't pay anything up front, but will gladly make payments when business comes back. Eli can be contacted at (850) 893-9940.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: End of an era

Post by Salty Gator »

Very sad to hear
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I have forwarded a link to this thread to an attorney friend who lives in that area and may be able to help.

Also - if it's not already too late, it sounds like some fund - raising bass tournaments may be in order. I would be willing to participate in any tournaments or fish fry's if somebody wants to set that up.

- Steve Stinson
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Wow. Received email from said attorney friend already indicating he will help Mr. Eli.
bpac
Site Sponsor

Post by bpac »

I would gladly donate some money or participate in anyway to a fundraiser. Reeves is a treasure that deserves preservation.
Mister Mullet

Post by Mister Mullet »

Eli is selling his "68 Ford F100 pickup truck $2500 obo. See the For Sale section of this forum.