It's time for him to go

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

cotton

Re: It's time for him to go

Post by cotton »

Pirate wrote:. I hope Cotton acknowledges that FSU didn't have to sell their soul to the devil to win. Even most diehard fans aren't willing to do that.
I had no problem with the punishment and thought it appropriate if applied equally to all players, and coaches (hmmm). I still do not feel it was appropriate to call for kicking him off the team.

It was certainly more entertaining and I thought it wrong for the cameras to focus on Jameis instead of the kids playing their butt off to make up for his stupidity.

I sure hope this is the end of it. Go noles!!
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

Well said. I agree on the attention NOT given the guys doing the playing. Sadly the media rather focus on negative news. Had it been another player, and he had the previous issues Winston did I believe they would have issued the punishment quicker. He has to understand all this limelight comes with the territory and he has to act the part or the media will nail him everytime.
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!
RedMann
Site Sponsor

Post by RedMann »

Unfortunately, we are all part of the problem. Would there have been a 3 page thread on this or any other forum if Winston (or any other player) had volunteered to help out at the homeless shelter? Nope. Good news is no news and bad news and bad acts are what go viral and sell ads. What I hate most here is to see people convict Winston on all of the accusations with little or no knowledge of all of the facts. Clearly though, at a minimum, he has shown poor judgment and has to know with the spotlight on him that no good can come of that. I don't know if the punishment fit the act here but I do know it was potentially as much of a punishment on the team and program as it was on Winston. Fortunately, the team stepped up and played a heck of a ballgame against a good Clemson team and pulled out the win. Probably a very good thing for them to know now that they actually can win without Winston. Did he learn a lesson? If that was the point then they should not have let him anywhere near that game on Saturday night. As it is, the team dodged a bullet and it looks like Winston had a grand time on the sidelines. I'm not optimistic that a lesson was learned here but will hope for the best.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

While I feel this fella is just a little biased, he's pretty spot on also :beer:
http://www.cbssports.com/general/writer ... rida-state
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Big Bend Gyrene just posted up that Winston got eaten by a Polar Bear. Any source of confirmation? :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
fireant21
Site Sponsor

Post by fireant21 »

wevans wrote:While I feel this fella is just a little biased, he's pretty spot on also :beer:
http://www.cbssports.com/general/writer ... rida-state
I must say more than a little biased. I imagine this guy as a fire and brimstone revival preacher from the 1930's, frothing at the mouth.
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

MudDucker wrote:Big Bend Gyrene just posted up that Winston got eaten by a Polar Bear. Any source of confirmation? :smt005
Can't blame the polar bear... drawn to the scent of stolen crab legs. ;-)
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
RedMann
Site Sponsor

Post by RedMann »

First Jameis, now Thrasher. What's next, a plague of locusts? :o
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

RedMann wrote:First Jameis, now Thrasher. What's next, a plague of locusts? :o
NAA, they will become an ALL MALE University :o :smt010 :smt005 :smt004 :beer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
THOMAS CITY CURVE
Site Sponsor

Post by THOMAS CITY CURVE »

RedMann wrote:First Jameis, now Thrasher. What's next, a plague of locusts? :o
Better than a plague of liberals !
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

big bend gyrene wrote:
MudDucker wrote:Big Bend Gyrene just posted up that Winston got eaten by a Polar Bear. Any source of confirmation? :smt005
:smt043
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
cotton

Post by cotton »

I heard the bear is claiming she was raped even though it seems to have eaten others besides Jameis that evening. She says rapist taste differently. Its how she knows which one raped her.

Despite numerous eye witnesses, detectives are still investigating because all eye witnesses are grizzlies. Everyone knows 3 grizzlies testimony don't mean crap when you got a reliable polar bear's testimony.

Rumor has it law enforcement is going to conduct at least 3 investigations to be sure the polar bear gets justice.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

big bend gyrene wrote:
BOOOMMM ... we have a winner! :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
FHC
Site Sponsor

Post by FHC »

bump