NWR- 10/21/14

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jslorenz3

NWR- 10/21/14

Post by jslorenz3 »

Got out to a beautiful sunrise and a 7:30A low tide of 0.50 feet. My plan was to make my way east and wait for the tide to come in a little bit so that I could follow it into the creeks and chase redfish. Well, the tide did not cooperate. The wind was blowing out of the north and it really held the tide out longer than it was supposed to. I was able to pick up a few trout around the rock gardens. The rocks at the rock gardens were almost completely out of the water the tide was so low. It got frustrating not being able to get where I wanted to go. I don't have a trolling motor, only a push pole, and there was no way I could push pole in to the wind from the Rock Gardens to the creeks. The tide did start coming in stronger, but I had to be back at the hill at 1:00 to be able to get to class.

All in all a great, beautiful day, but the fishing was tough. I did see a lot of big sting rays and a lot of 2-4 foot bonnet heads. Both way more than usual. I thought the sharks were only really around in the summer?
Scalp 'em Noles!
FSU Class of 2016
Civil Engineering Major
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Re: NWR- 10/21/14

Post by tallykenj »

Thanks for the report. I'm will out there Thurs and Fri and I hope the conditions and fishing are better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
The Back Porch
Pirate

Re: NWR- 10/21/14

Post by Pirate »

Sharks are still hanging around. We caught our share in Apalachicola bay last week and saw one of the biggest I have seen in the bay. It was in a bait school getting a snack. It would be classified as a "man eater".
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!