Live update from Keaton 10.25

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bigblister
Site Sponsor

Live update from Keaton 10.25

Post by bigblister »

Caught a lot of this so far. Pretty much a bust trip for catching.... Will post an update of it changes. Weather perfect- water at 70 / stained.
image.jpg
Blister
Matthew 4:19
bman

Re: Live update from Keaton 10.25

Post by bman »

Dang- did it ever turn on?
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
bigblister
Site Sponsor

Post by bigblister »

Never turned on. We ended up with a half dozen but fished all day with 4 guys. Reports have been about the same taking to some neighbors. Will try again in the AM - a few reports of folks doing OK at daybreak with hard baits. It seems like we are fishing real hard for a fall trip, I guess the bite hasn't quite turned
On.
Blister
saltycrab

Post by saltycrab »

Same for us out of Carrabelle, fished hard but nothing to bring home. Huge schools of lady fish and dolphins everywhere.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Thanks for posting. We will be there on Monday hopefully, maybe they will bite better :-? . WTG sticking it out all day. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Yours in the South
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

bigblister wrote:Caught a lot of this so far. Pretty much a bust trip for catching.... Will post an update of it changes. Weather perfect- water at 70 / stained.
image.jpg
I feel better now :(
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

I was about to pull the trigger to go myself. After reading this report and the others, I am glad I just hung around and fished for fresh water specks.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
bigblister
Site Sponsor

Post by bigblister »

Finished up this morning. Put zero fish in the boat. Beautiful morning but no fish. We did trade up to a newer boat and it was the maiden voyeage. All systems worked well on the boat so that was a positive to end on. Will try again next month.
image.jpg
Blister
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Has anyone noticed the bluebird skies we have had all week? I wonder if it has anything to do with the slow bite.
Yours in the South
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

DixieReb wrote:Has anyone noticed the bluebird skies we have had all week? I wonder if it has anything to do with the slow bite.
High pressure - never caught much on high pressure days - caught a bunch of trash fish, sharks and a few flounder yesterday, but was slow IMO too.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Thanks, Chalk. I knew if anybody knew why you would. I hope it's better the next 2 days, gonna try 'em.
Yours in the South
Sun Daze

Post by Sun Daze »

Fished with the wife Thursday in Keaton and caught a few shorts, one keeper. Friday she didn't fish but I did and caught a bunch of short black bass and short trout and a few sharks, did manage one 17" trout a 21" red and a 26" spanish. Saturday the wife went with me so we waited for the low tide and it to warm up a bit and left dock about 945 and went to some spots between Spring Warrior and Fennholloway and caught 6 keeper trout to 21" a few shorts and lost 2 keepers right at the boat. We caught them all in about an hour and half. Had to get back to Tally, so we had the boat on trailer headed to Tally by 2. Weather was great, but until Saturday the fishing was tough going. North winds, blue bird skies, high pressure with a new moon, which in my experience, the new moon causes a fast and furious feeding but not for a long period then they shut off as quickly as they turned on.
LucWilliams

Post by LucWilliams »

Fished mouth of the Ochlocknee this morning and managed one slot trout and a short red, very slow. Pulled the boat out and moved closer to Tally. Saw lots of reds on the negative tide but only managed one oversized red and a slot trout. Poling around and sight fishing was a hit with my 5 year old nephew. He told his Dad to stop getting in his way while casting! Haha

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LucWilliams

Post by LucWilliams »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk