Try the creeks.

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Try the creeks.

Post by DixieReb »

Me and wife tried Econfina for a few hours today. Put in about 2 pm on rising tide, went to mouth and started fishing. Lady a JR'S store said fish were biting at the mouth, but not today. Water was dirty and rough. NOAA said 1 ft. seas and smooth, well it wasn't. We gave up there and tried the flats, but nothing. About 3 PM we went into Oyster Creek and worked our way in. Wife got 1 barely keeper trout that we released, then nothing. Motor didn't want to start and had to hit the switch several times to get it going. We left and headed in, stopped in the first deep hole and wife hung another short trout that got off. I think they are in the river already, but not very thick. I kept the motor running the whole time on idle. Got to the ramp and talked to another guy that had 4 17'' trout he got in a creek. It was a nice afternoon, not a lot of action but fun anyway. I'm not sure what's going on with the motor, the guy at the ramp said I might have a bad connection somewhere. I have all day tomorrow to work on it.
Yours in the South
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: Try the creeks.

Post by SS-342 »

Hope you get the motor fixed. Always nice to fish with the wife. My wife and I are loaded up to go tomorrow. Hope we can find them. We'll be up around Rock Island.

Thanks for the report.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Re: Try the creeks.

Post by Blue spinner »

Thanks for the report , it's all ways good to fish with wife
I am at econfina this morning loading up to go out after 9:00
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
cast-n-stone