St. Marks 01/01/2015

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

2true

St. Marks 01/01/2015

Post by 2true »

Tried up in the river with no luck; not much boats there. Went towards the mouth of the river hit a oyster bar caught two short trout. Tried over in a creek mouth, nothing. then went back to the oyster bars and managed a really nice big Sheepshead . No more bites after that. Asked people that were at the dock nobody was reporting catching any fish. Hopefully it'll get cold again and official go back up in the river. Happy new year!
jcflats

Re: St. Marks 01/01/2015

Post by jcflats »

Thanks for the report.
Gonna try Econfina again this weekend. Was there earlier this week and was able to find a few trout in the creeks but they were small.
"In bad need of some coastal therpy!"
spothogg
Site Sponsor

Post by spothogg »

Buddy and I went out same area on Jan 1st. We caught three short reds off an oyster bar at SMR mouth, then headed out toward East River and got into some sea bass. Pretty slow day overall.

Fished yesterday (Jan 3rd) and it was pretty choppy out at the SMR mouth. Had a few takes, but no hook ups. Spent the rest of day up the river and caught a few mangos. Saw one nearby boat catch a keeper red. The river has improved since the last round of rain, but it's pouring today, so it will probably blow out again.
fishfalcon

Post by fishfalcon »

We fished a little around spring creek and couldn't buy a bite even with live shrimp. My neighbor saw some tailing reds before the rain but no love from them either. I got frustrated so I put on waders and threw out some decoys and covered my kayak with camo netting. That was more exciting, but i missed my only shot opportunity.
2true

Post by 2true »

Hopefully with the Cold nights the fish will head back into the rivers. Gonna try again Saturday.