Camping by boat..

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Camping by boat..

Post by procraftwes »

I have been scouting a few places using google earth for camping(most are around mashes sands) and just trying to get some input on a couple of reachable beaching areas to have to myself. Don't appear to be any around St Marks although that would be ideal(keep boat at shields).

I have a 17' proline that will get pretty shallow and figure I'll have to schedule around the tides.

These places look to be public property and have seen a couple spots with boats already there on google maps.

If you have a spot I'd appreciate any input and you can PM me if you don't want it public and I'll respect that as well(keep quiet).
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Re: Camping by boat..

Post by procraftwes »

I should also mention I'm not interested in a campground. primitive to very primitive is what I'm looking for.. May not be attainable though.
woopty
Site Sponsor

Post by woopty »

Cape St. George
"You got time to breathe, you got time fur music..."
...Briscoe Darling Jr.

JB
http://zydecozoo.com
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

We used to camp on the west end of Dog Island at the narrowest point. Very secluded.

I have heard from several folks that they have made it illegal in the last few years. I am not sure what the status is on that.

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

I have seen campers in SGI state park on the outside beach of the East Slough boat ramp area. Also I read that you can camp in Nick's Hole boy scout area (SGI also), but don't have concrete info on that.
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!
bigphishy

Post by bigphishy »

There is a really cool little camping spot back in chaires creek. this place is a hidden little gem. I have never camped there but have pulled the boat a couple times. You can find some more info on the bald point website.
camperkilgore

Post by camperkilgore »

Just looking at the Bald Point Map, but I don't see camping listed. Don't see any reference to any sites on Chaires Creek. ????? Can you provide a link to the website you referred to?
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

camperkilgore wrote:Just looking at the Bald Point Map, but I don't see camping listed. Don't see any reference to any sites on Chaires Creek. ????? Can you provide a link to the website you referred to?
There is a primitive site on the creek. Call the park to check it out. I pass it and see the small sign every time I paddle the creek.

Two more - Little St. George - get the info from:
Apalachicola National Estuarine Research Reserve - 850-670-7700
Have camped here, its great.

and:

http://myfwc.com/viewing/recreation/wma ... ail/trips/

and:

Wilderness area at the tip of St. Joe State Park -
Camped here too, very cool.
reserve at the Park.

Luck,

EJ
camperkilgore

Post by camperkilgore »

Thanks EJ
Sounds like a good spot.
hambric85

Post by hambric85 »

If you ever drive down to cedar key, there is some awesome spots to camp out at. So many little islands. Just bring fresh water, that's why they're keys... Wonderful down there!