basspro sale

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ertauber

basspro sale

Post by ertauber »

looking thru the circular this weekend I was wondering if there are really any great deals for the saltwater fishermen. Any comments?
kenfly

Re: basspro sale

Post by kenfly »

They had some great deals on stuff, I didn't get really any salt stuff, couple things for the boat, some line and had a great deal on the pro quailfier reel for 50 bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

the wife were in tall. last sat and went to Bass pro and academy. is it just me, are does Academy have better prices. at this time we don,t have either one in gainsville
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

I do stop by BassPro every once in awhile but in comparing the exact same lure prices between Academy and BP, the cost will be almost $2 more at BP. I believe they are building a BPS Store in Gainesville right at one of the I-75 interchanges, though.

Given my druthers I'd rather shop at Kevin's. They offer fair prices and expert service, which is hard to find at most of the big box stores.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

silverking wrote:Given my druthers I'd rather shop at Kevin's. They offer fair prices and expert service, which is hard to find at most of the big box stores.
Yeap, I was excited each time a box store came to Tally. Kevin's has always had better prices and the right lures....
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

JIm Smith wrote:the wife were in tall. last sat and went to Bass pro and academy. is it just me, are does Academy have better prices. at this time we don,t have either one in gainsville
Prices are much better at academy. My 3 bank charger died after 10 years. I found it as Bps for $199. I didn't think academy would carry one, but stoped by to see. They had the same charger for $169. For rods, reels and tackle, I'll always shop at Kevin's, but if they don't have what I need, then I'll try academy before heading to bps.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Crippledminnow

Post by Crippledminnow »

I priced a meat grinder at Academy Sunday for $299.00 and the same grinder at BPS is $449,00.
countrycorners

Post by countrycorners »

My experience/opinion is that Academy is the best. Kevins is OK pricewise. Don't forget WalMart.
I go to Jax once a month for my business and always stop at Strike Zone.
I always stop at Basspro when I'm down in the Keys 'cause its like a museum/funhouse, but I usually don't buy much.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Kevin's gets 98 percent of my business! Good prices, great service, and I get that personal feeling when I am there. They are just as willing to share information as they are to make a sale. Of course they would prefer to sell stuff, but they don't act as if I am wasting their time when I am just shopping.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

I shop Academy and Gander Mountain when I'm in Valdosta. Academy always has great prices on most of their stuff, and a great selection. They had great prices on kayaks if anybody is in the market for one.
Yours in the South