Anybody read Spring Creek Chronicles and

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Re: Anybody read Spring Creek Chronicles and

Post by Rhettley »

The Old Man and the Boy by Robert Rourk is one of if not the best book I've read.
I enjoyed Spring Creek Chronicles but there were some sections that I didn't like. Tales of almost sinking his mullet boat with so many mullet and still wishing he could get more on it.
countrycorners

Post by countrycorners »

Its interesting how much response this simple question has provoked. Seems there are a lot of "book readers" out there. Those of us with some stories and some writing skills should take note and start publishing!!
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

MudDucker wrote:
RHTFISH wrote:Here Here Mr. MudDucker!

Amen and Amen!

Where are any interesting stories by the naysayers of those who existed to follow the laws of the day and put them above the survival of their families and friends. Show me a family without a good shine maker who never took anything to eat regardless of laws and in evidence will be a very dull bunch of folks. History also supports that these "unlawful" folks were also the first and most to pick up weapons and defend this country when necessary....and yes they won! Also consider that what has come to be known as Special Ops in many cases began with skills contributed by those of lawfully questionable backgrounds and skills.

And yes, the term "redneck" affectionally whirs in my old and tired brain. :o
I guess us old farts had to live it to understand it. The times they are a changing! :-D
I understand it, just don't like it.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven