Any LARGE FLY fly tiers on the site?

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Steve Sutton

Any LARGE FLY fly tiers on the site?

Post by Steve Sutton »

I used to tie Saltwater stuff...and big freshwater and discovered a copy paper box of "materials"...everything from chenille to crystal flash to polar bear to peacock swords and tons of stuff in between.....a really nice REGAL Vise as well....don't want to part it out and don't want to inventory it piece by piece...also don't have a clue anymore what its worth.....not looking to give it away but I would be interested in hearing from anyone that might be interested in it..

Contact me at nuvan@comcast.net

Steve
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Any LARGE FLY fly tiers on the site?

Post by silverking »

Steve, your note tempted me. Until I realized I had my own box of materials and a decent vise (not a Regal) that had been sitting unused for several years. I also have enough existing flies stuffed in boxes to last two more lifetimes.

Someone should jump on this good deal and pay a fair price. GLWTS.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Steve Sutton

Post by Steve Sutton »

With a screen name like SIlver King I don' doubt it.........I haven't even gotten into the closet with the BIG Billy Pate/Sage outfits that I used to use in Florida....kinda "got over" the "has to be on a flyrod thing" but could never bring myself to get rid of the rods and reels that I "jut had to have" back then....maybe the move back to Florida will rekindle that....or I could try to teach Dani to flyfish.......that would be an epic endeavor..........

Steve
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

I've got just the boat for your move back to Florida for the ultimate buggy-whippin' style! :wink:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
MuleTrainGA

Post by MuleTrainGA »

I'm interested in it for sure. These Mississippi reds love chewing feathers and fur.
Trevor Moncrief
Fisheries Biology Class of 2014
Warnell School of Natural Resources, UGA
countrycorners

Post by countrycorners »

I'm pretty large: 6'3", 245 lbs. Mostly I tie freshwater stuff and have too much of my own stuff.
Steve Sutton

Post by Steve Sutton »

Soooo.......not many "Corners" in the Country Corners screens name is what you're saying........might need to change that to "Country Radiuses"......

Funny I posted the same thing on another site and a guy that I know to be well over 280 posted back that he'd have bought it if I hadn't started out by calling him FAT..........thanks to everyone that looked and responded.........

Funny place the internet.........

The stuff is "sold" ....thanks to everyone that looked and responded.........

Steve