Friday May 15th

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

LucWilliams

Friday May 15th

Post by LucWilliams »

Although it was forecasted to be 15 knots and gusty out of the east, my brother had an opportunity to get out there. Since I had worked all day Saturday this past weekend and my brother with 4 kids had a chance to go, I knew we had to give it a try since he doesn't get to go very often. Fished shell point, put in around 9 and off the water at 3. Found the Reds pretty thick on some oyster bars wanting mirrolures. Only caught one trout all day, it went 20 inches and was right in there with the Reds.

Ended up with our 3 man limit of reds (my Dad went too) and the one trout. Lost the biggest red of the day, biggest one we caught was 26. It was a productive trip and a good test run for my new lean bar. That thing is gonna be SWEET for sight fishing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LucWilliams

Re: Friday May 15th

Post by LucWilliams »

Here's a few of the lean bar. Big thanks to Metal Fabrication for the excellent and fast work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
luceror
Site Sponsor

Post by luceror »

Way to go on the reds. I usually fish off of bottoms rd.Been catc last few wrhing a few keeper reds but not many. A lot of rat reds. Might have to check out some new oyster bars!
Like your rig! She's coming along nicely!
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Nice job, guys. Solid day on the fish.

Luc, your lean bar is looking good. You might check out an Ace Hardware. They have a variety of rubber caps that'll fit the legs of your casting platform so you can really be stylin' and not scratch your deck.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Tight job.

I really appreciate the pics of the sissy bar (okay, I will call mine a lean bar, but everyone else's is a sissy bar :lol: ). I am getting ready to add one to my poling platform. Exactly what I had in mind.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?