Paul Browns softbait lures for saltwater

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DEADLYMNM7
Site Sponsor

Paul Browns softbait lures for saltwater

Post by DEADLYMNM7 »

Has anyone used Paul Brown's softbait lures for saltwater fishing?
I plan to fish the surf and bridge in St George and I was recommended to use Paul Browns Devil and Fat Boy for spotted trout and redfish.
Has anyone tried it?
Capt Ron

Re: Paul Browns softbait lures for saltwater

Post by Capt Ron »

They are great baits and have been used on the Texas coast for "big" trout for as long as I can remember. We fished them in surf on Padre Island in the 60s. One of the original suspending twitch bails. I still have and use the original "Corkies" as they were known before L&S bought them.
crappielimits

Post by crappielimits »

They are very good baits. Probably won't be able to twitch one in the surf. I would use off the bridge do to the many bar jacks there. With it being a soft bait, you can be out $10+ in a hurry. A toothy critter will do a number on one. That's the down side of these baits. I would use a Rapala suspending twitch bait instead. Voodo shrimp are great there for trout, redfish and the abundant flounder there.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Paul Browns are good baits. I would use one anywhere. They can be tuned to twitch straight, left, right, up, or down, by bending the wire in the center. I have had them produce when nothing else in the box would.
DEADLYMNM7
Site Sponsor

Post by DEADLYMNM7 »

Thank you so much for the replies! Is there ary other artificial lures you recommend for the surf or bridge on St George island? Again, mainly for Redfish aqnd Spotted Trout