Need a fence company

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Mister Mullet

Need a fence company

Post by Mister Mullet »

Anybody know of a good fence company that can install a 10-foot swing gate on a wooden fence?
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Need a fence company

Post by Salty Gator »

Call Jay at Florida fence and deck
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

G & S Fencing....Travis # 510-5160
redcodefsu

Post by redcodefsu »

I'm also looking into fencing companies for quotes. My HOA states that we are only allowed 6 ft "shadowbox" fences but half the neighborhood has regular privacy fences. Anyone have any experience with this kind of situation? Dealing with an HOA or having a shadowbox fence?

Thanks
2003 Key West 1720
2004 90 hp 2-stroke Yamaha
1950's Grumman 17' Double Ender
Rainman
Site Sponsor

Post by Rainman »

Regarding the shadowbox fence... I worked for a fence company during the summer back in highschool, the shadowbox will be slightly more expensive then just a regular flat face as it takes more dog ears to create the effect. From my understanding the shadowbox holds up to high winds better as it allows the air to move through. We built a lot of them in south Mississippi. I would prefer a shadow box over a flat face, looks a little more fancy is all. We would space dog ears at 3 inches apart on the front face and then come back and cover each opening on the back side with a dog ear.
redcodefsu

Post by redcodefsu »

Thanks for your input Rainman! I met someone from G & S today for a quote. Hope they are reasonably priced.
2003 Key West 1720
2004 90 hp 2-stroke Yamaha
1950's Grumman 17' Double Ender