2015 Saltwater Classic (June19-21)

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

FishWithChris

2015 Saltwater Classic (June19-21)

Post by FishWithChris »

So who is fishing it?

...pretty disappointed in the lack of media presence this year. They've rid of quite a few things, including the "weigh a fish, win a boat..." And I have heard very little chatter about it elsewhere throughout town and the big bend region.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Re: 2015 Saltwater Classic (June19-21)

Post by GaryDroze »

I'm in, reluctantly. Two days straight of wadefishing/paddling is rough enough in the spring, but those 95+ degree afternoons do not look appealing. I'm spending 48 hours in search of a 26 inch red worth 3 grand. Did not even bother with the other jackpots. Throwing in the towel before the start!
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

GaryDroze wrote:I'm in, reluctantly. Two days straight of wadefishing/paddling is rough enough in the spring, but those 95+ degree afternoons do not look appealing. I'm spending 48 hours in search of a 26 inch red worth 3 grand. Did not even bother with the other jackpots. Throwing in the towel before the start!
Gary, all your fish are cookie cutter 27" fish. I've seen too many of them at the scales.

Good luck to all. Matt and I are in.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
DAWG FAN

Post by DAWG FAN »

I think they have cost themselves a lot of entries not having Mexico Beach and Port St. Joe as weigh in sites. They should have kept at least one site. Long way to ride from Mexico Beach to Carrabelle.
2012 Sea Fox 200XT-SOLD
2003 16' Sundance Skiff
2013 40 HP Mercury Bigfoot
2017 Sea Fox XTS Viper
2017 150hp Yamaha SHO
bman

Post by bman »

The Tshirt from this logo will look sweet!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Brian,
Note that the upper limit for reds in this tourney is TWENTY-SIX inches. Every year I've done this one, I toss back one just over that. Hence the reluctance...
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

I have fished the Classic at least 15 times and had a 9 year straight run fishing with my oldest daughter while she was eligible for the Junior Division. I too concur that it appears that it's heading south rather than north and I don't mean that as any disrespect to those volunteers that bust their humps to put this tourney on. I don't know how it can be turned around, I am cautiously optimistic that having it at The Moorings will give it that vibe it had in the late 90's and early 2000's.
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."