Aucilla 8/3/15

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Aucilla 8/3/15

Post by trout fisher »

Been hearing rumors that mullet are thick. Had to go check on it. Sun really never came out this morning so never saw any large schools. Had to work for them but I wound up with 30. They're decent sized and fat. Think I might need to check on them again later in the week. :-)

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Aucilla 8/3/15

Post by Salty Gator »

Nice :thumbup:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
bman

Post by bman »

Looks like Dinner to me!!
:thumbup: :thumbup:
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Post by CoastalPirate »

Nice haul!
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate
sailcat

Post by sailcat »

When you throw your cast net in the Aucilla, do you throw it against the mud banks? I'm sure it would get hung up on the
rocks if I didn't? I bought my daughter a net and she is dying to try it out, she saw you post and now she is ready to go. Thanks for
any advice!
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

The ONLY area I'd throw the net in the Aucilla is in the cutoff. You should ease up through it on low tide so you can identify the oysters. Yes, throw up towards the muddy banks. I just use the river as my entry to the flats. Look for pods offshore,(like 1/2 mile off), once the sun comes up. On this trip, they never schooled but they did bunch up enough that I could get a good mess. The high jumpers are usually by themselves and you'll work yourself to death trying to catch them. Look for silver flashes and several mullet out of the water at the time, not jumping high, just breaking the surface. If you can't find that, work the grass lines and creek/bay mouths. Carry a good knife and some pliers in case you net a gar or catfish. Wear some old tennis shoes in case you have to exit the boat and untangle from oysters. And wear a t-shirt or something with no buttons! :-D Bring a change of clothes as you will get NASTY. Having said all this, I am no expert. A lot of this I learned the hard way. It is so much fun!! I wish you and your daughter the best of luck.
sailcat

Post by sailcat »

I really appreciate your advice, thanks!
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

I just know that one day my phone is going to ring!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!