CCA Star Tournament Results to Date

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

zload
Site Sponsor

CCA Star Tournament Results to Date

Post by zload »

Just saw where another tagged redfish was caught by an unregistered angler and then saw the link CCA FL Star to the cumulative data... sort of funny in a way...

TAG # PRIZE LOCATION DATE CAUGHT BY FISH STATUS

FL235 NONE Chassahowhitzka 5/21/15 Client of Capt. Josh Fritz Released
FL286 NONE Tidy Island 5/23/15 Mathew Clement of MA Released
NA NONE St. Joe Bay 5/24/15 Client of Capt David Reeves Released
FL720 NONE Pasco County Gulf 5/27/15 Mr. Faltynek client of Capt. Devon Gaudin Released
FL859 GMC Truck Cockroach Bay 5/27/15 Jerry Bergeron, 1st CCA member & STAR Harvested
FL715 NONE Indian Bayou 5/27/15 Cassie Smith client of Capt. LW Burroughs Released
FL019 NONE John's Island 5/28/15 George Finster Harvested
FL281 NONE Chokoloskee Bay 6/21/15 Alicia Sanders Wooten Released
FL139 NONE Pensacola Bay 6/25/15 Brian Schaub Harvested
FL237 NONE St. Joe Bay 07/03/15 Harvested
FL64 NONE Pasco County Gulf 07/09/15 Scott Emmerman Harvested
FL049 NONE Pasco County Gulf 07/12/15 Steven Skutley Harvested
FL230 NONE Franklin 07/19/15 Jerry Mason Harvested
FL037 NONE North Point 07/29/15 Britton Tafelski Released
FL907 NONE Blackburn Bay 08/02/15 Larry LeBlanc Harvested

As of August 3, 2015 12pm

****5 Boat, Yamaha motor, trailer packages still available****

Hells Bay Waterman, Pathfinder 2200TRS, Contender 22 Sport & two other boats of similar value.

Entries as of 8/03/2015, 12:00PM

Tagged Redfish: 1
Open Snook: 80
Open Spotted Sea Trout: 307
Open Sheepshead: 24
Open Cobia: 11
CONSERVATION DIVISION presented by Marathon Petroleum: 1,897
YOUTH SCHOLARSHIP presented by Bright House Networks: 95
Ladies: 55
Fly: 12
Kayak: 73
Total Entries: 2,555
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
Williamsdad

Re: CCA Star Tournament Results to Date

Post by Williamsdad »

Saturday was the 1st significant redfish catching we've done since the tournament began. It's pretty exciting getting ready to net one, thinking it might have a tag.
Williamsdad

Post by Williamsdad »

And 1 more question we thought of while "dreaming" - what do you do if you catch one with a tag, that has grown out of slot?
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Williamsdad wrote:And 1 more question we thought of while "dreaming" - what do you do if you catch one with a tag, that has grown out of slot?
I doubt that would tag a redfish that was that close. The one harvested in Lanark looked about 22-23".
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

I've registered 40 catches so far. I'm quitting when I get to 50. This tourney has become way too much like work.
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Gary.....that's a lot of days spent fishing considering you can only log in one fish per day of each species. (and Redfish don't count) I can see why you added Sheepshead to your target list. Very few have been entered in the Tournament overall so far. I have entered 3 trout as of today. For some reason I was brain dead the first month of the tournament and didn't enter anything.

I catch more Red's (way more) than legal Trout these days so entries are hard to come by for me. I do keep hoping that one of those Reds has that little yellow tag in him/her. I would look good in a new Hell's Bay. The downside would be I would need fancy new clothes and all new high class friends. :lol:
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
Rainman
Site Sponsor

Post by Rainman »

In the conservation division you can enter as many entries a day as fish you catch... You could enter every pinfish you caught if you wanted to...

So with only 24 Sheepshead does that mean that 24 entries are going to be competing in the raffle for the sheapshead prizes...? MAAAAAAN those are some amazing odds.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

RockyG: I feel your pain. Cannot keep the reds off my line, now that they don't count. Caught 6 today between 22-27inches in creeks near the lighthouse, but could not buy a trout or sheepie. According to Murphy's Law, the day after the CCA tourney ends, trout and sheepshead will be leaping into my canoe. I think the key is to pretend you do not want to catch certain species; then they will strike!
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Rainman wrote:In the conservation division you can enter as many entries a day as fish you catch... You could enter every pinfish you caught if you wanted to...

So with only 24 Sheepshead does that mean that 24 entries are going to be competing in the raffle for the sheapshead prizes...? MAAAAAAN those are some amazing odds.
Only 11 entries in the Cobia division. Winners will be drawn by division. See prizes below.

Wish I knew how to catch Sheepshead and Cobia. :smt009

Cobia

1st Prize Drawing: Carolina Skiff J1650 powered by a 25HP Yamaha with Road King trailer provided by Millers Boating Center
carolina skiff Millers-Boat-Center
2nd Prize Drawing: Power Pole Shallow Water Anchor powerpole
3rd Prize Drawing: Raymarine a78 with Transducer Raymarine By FLIR Logo
4th Prize Drawing: Shimano Rod & Reel valued at $500 SHIMANO
5th Prize Drawing: Costa Sunglasses gift card COSTA
6th Prize Drawing: DOA Lure Package DOA
Approximately $15,100 in total prizes will be awarded in this division after the close of the tournament. Winners will be chosen by a drawing from Cobia entries. Winner’s entry must be certified and authenticated by the Tournament Director or STAR Committee.

Sheepshead

1st Prize Drawing: River Hawk B-60 Pro Caster DLX powered by a 20HP Yamaha with trailer
RIVERHAWK
2nd Prize Drawing: Power Pole Shallow Water Anchor powerpole
3rd Prize Drawing: Hummingbird Fishfinder hummingbird
4th Prize Drawing: Shimano Rod & Reel valued at $500 SHIMANO
5th Prize Drawing: Costa Sunglasses gift card COSTA
6th Prize Drawing: DOA Lure Package DOA
Approximately $15,100 in total prizes will be awarded in this division after the close of the tournament. Winners will be chosen by a drawing from Sheepshead entries. Approximately $15,100 in total prizes will be awarded in this division after the close of the tournament. Winners will be chosen by a drawing from Cobia entries. Winner’s entry must be certified and authenticated
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
Rainman
Site Sponsor

Post by Rainman »

I know how to catch cobia and sheepshead!! I couldn't resist and joined up last night. Hitting the water this weekend for the NFGFC tournament. I hope to catch a hells bay red, cobia, and sheepshead!!!! The dream is alive.