Panacea 8-7,8

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

grasscarp

Panacea 8-7,8

Post by grasscarp »

Usually fishing beats working, but lately working is more enjoyable than fishing. Went early Friday and caught a nice 18" trout and thought this summers luck had turned around. 6 hours later besides a few catfish that trout was still lonely in the cooler.
Same thing Saturday, went early boated a nice redfish and 6 hours later he too was lonely in the cooler.
I haven't posted anything this summer because all of my trips this year have not been worth reporting. Hopefully this fall will be better. Until then ill just work and wish i was fishing :evil:

*Fished only artificial around the mouth of the ochlocknee and near piney island. Pinfish are thick on the grass flats
FUTCHCAIRO

Re: Panacea 8-7,8

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

I KNOW WHAT YA MEAN. I HAVE ONLY BEEN ABLE TO GO TO THE GULF 2 TIMES THIS YEAR, BACK IN MARCH WE CAUGHT 2 TROUT IN ABOUT 8 HRS. OF FISHING, AND AGAIN LAST WED. MY OLDEST SON CAME OVER AND CARRIED ME TO THE GULF AND WE ONLY CAUGHT 1 PINFISH AND NOTHING ELSE. THE FALTS WERE COVERED UP WITH BAIT FISH AND NOTHING BOTHERING THEM.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Post by CoastalPirate »

Atleast you guys took something home. Ive been fishing off the Mashes Sands pier for the last 3 years and haven't landed a fish in that area in 2. I did net a cooler full of blue crabs in the creeks earlier this summer though. Before you know it Fall will be here and the bite will be on! Good Luck on your future trips!
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate
2true

Post by 2true »

Any Mackerel Schools?
grasscarp

Post by grasscarp »

No Mackerel or bluefish schools, but plenty of small bunker schools. the bait is there just not the fish