Econfina 10/2/04

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

georgiasportsman

Econfina 10/2/04

Post by georgiasportsman »

I'm a bass fisherman that was just introduced to saltwater fishing last year by my brother. Today I was able to introduce one of my friends to saltwater fishing for the first time.
We launched at Econfina around 7:45. The water is still very dingy. Ran out 2-3 miles looking for clearer water. We managed only 2 keeper trout (15-1/2 & 18"). Caught a total of about 8 trout, 3 rock bass (one about 14")and a 2' shark. It was a pretty slow day but we had a great time. Most of the trout came on jigs (various colors - candy corn, glow, chartruese) under CT's. The larger trout (as well as the shark) was caught on a small pin fish rigged under a cork.
My friend had something broke his line after a short drag stripping fight. Still not sure what it was. We also lost several decent trout near the boat.
Water temp was in the low 80's.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Welcome aboard the forum. At leasst you were out there. The dirty water is a real problem now, we fished at Keaton Friday and had the same problem. All our trout were too short, but we did catch some real big black bass on white grubs and cut bait.
Yours in the South
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Welcome aboard, Ga.

Fishing has been tough for most of us. Sounds like you did as well as most. :thumbup:
What was I supposed to do today?
Aucilla
Site Sponsor

Post by Aucilla »

Nice report on a fun day at a cool place! Thanks!
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Welcome GS. Thanks for the report. :thumbup:
Semper Fi
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Good job GS. :thumbup: Was the river up?
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Welcome aboard!

Look forward to seeing you at Ankyfaenna. Just got my camper back down there this weekend and hopefully will start back fishing next weekend.

Keep the reports coming!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

:thumbup: