Where to saltwater fishh in Panacea?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DEADLYMNM7
Site Sponsor

Where to saltwater fishh in Panacea?

Post by DEADLYMNM7 »

Where would be some good places to fish from a pier or surf in Panacea?
Looking for Reds, trouts and Pompano.
Thanks
Can'tCatchAnything

Re: Where to saltwater fishh in Panacea?

Post by Can'tCatchAnything »

Mashes sands. I prefer heading to the left a ways and fishing off between the grass and channel. You'll step on plenty of flounder just wading out there; watch for stings. Off the sand bars on a low tide, can get into schools of bluefish/ladyfish /spanish occasionally. I've been castnetting some baby pomps there too. Never caught much but sharks at the pier.

Bald point. I never caught anything from that pier. Kayak though, and it's a different story.

There's a floating pier thing between Franklin and Wakulla by this dirt boat ramp. I caught my first flounder and red there, have seen drum and sheepshead caught out there if you can cast right to the pilings.
Mo Redd

Post by Mo Redd »

There's a floating pier thing between Franklin and Wakulla by this dirt boat ramp. I caught my first flounder and red there, have seen drum and sheepshead caught out there if you can cast right to the pilings.
>>Where is this?
bbb

Post by bbb »

Mo Redd wrote:There's a floating pier thing between Franklin and Wakulla by this dirt boat ramp. I caught my first flounder and red there, have seen drum and sheepshead caught out there if you can cast right to the pilings.
>>Where is this?
The other end of the bridge from Angelos i would be my guess.
Mo Redd

Post by Mo Redd »

I know where that is. Is he talking about casting around the pilings of the bridge? I've noticed some people tied up to the bridge. Is that a pretty good place to fish with live shrimp?
bbb

Post by bbb »

I know they catch black drum under the bridge. Not sure it would be any better than the pier at Mashes sands or the pier at Bald Pt for trout or reds.