A sad, sad story!

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

randymullaly

A sad, sad story!

Post by randymullaly »

So Im at the light house yesterday (Friday) morning before the sun comes up. The is a truck with a couple of guys ahead of me getting their boat ready to launch. It's still about 10 minutes before safe light so I pull over in the first parking space at the lighthouse and jump out to get my boat ready to launch. The boat ahead of me does his thing and as the guy is driving [past me with his trailer, he stops and said "you about blinded us with your lights". Any of you who know this area knows there is a huge area covered in palms and other assorted brush. Of course, I apologized. Told him I had no idea and If they would have said something, I would of gladly turned my lights of. He tells me again that I blinded them with my lights and drives off to the opposite side of the parking lot, parks and walks to the dock to be picked up by the guy in the boat. I launch my boat and thinking no more about it, I go out and enjoy the morning fishing. I take the boat home, wash it down and back it into the garage and settle in to enjoy my second favorite hobby next to fishing (drinking beer). Roll to this morning to hook up the boat to find I had no trailer lights. I start looking and see that the ground wire had pulled loose from the bolt that it was anchored to. I thought nothing of it as I have a breakaway hitch and thought it might have happened when I swung the hitch away. Hooked back up the ground wire to find I only had one tail light working! I check the wires at the front of the trailer and everything looks fine. Next step is to check the wires at the tail light. They had beed pulled out also. No way this wasn't intentional. In the grand scheme of things, this is no big deal. Between finding the problem it took 30 minutes and 3 beth connectors to fix the issue. Just saddens me that a grown man would do something so childish.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: A sad, sad story!

Post by DixieReb »

That's too bad, glad they didn't mess with your truck. Big babies. Did you catch anything?
Yours in the South
randymullaly

Post by randymullaly »

Morning Dixie Reb,

No, pretty slow morning. Just shot over to the edge of the east river and fished that long horse shoe bar at the mouth. Not much water moving. Saw a lot of activity but little action. Going again in the morning and see what shake out! Thanks.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Sorry to hear this kind of stuff. Its a shame that some people just don't play well with others. Never had anyone mess with my stuff at a ramp. Did get fussed at one morning by a guy at a public boat ramp to a public duck hunting pond. He claimed I had jumped line, but I hadn't. We talked it out and now we are friends.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
randymullaly

Post by randymullaly »

Morning Mudducker,

Thats why I titled this "Sad Story". No real damage done but I can't understand the mentality of a grown man harboring enough anger over something so inconsequential, especially after I apologized once he stopped and told me about the difficulties my lights caused. As small of an inconvenience as this was for me, it just makes me think about how he treats the people in his life that he deals with on a daily basis. Just gonna say a little prayer that this guy can find some peace and drop the passive aggressive routine.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

I pray he finds the path he needs to take to find the peace he wants.
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Boat ramp rage. It's a real problem. Sometimes fun to watch, unless it sticks to you.
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

randymullaly wrote:Morning Mudducker,

Thats why I titled this "Sad Story". No real damage done but I can't understand the mentality of a grown man harboring enough anger over something so inconsequential, especially after I apologized once he stopped and told me about the difficulties my lights caused. As small of an inconvenience as this was for me, it just makes me think about how he treats the people in his life that he deals with on a daily basis. Just gonna say a little prayer that this guy can find some peace and drop the passive aggressive routine.

It is sad and a prayer for him would be a good thing, as long as you aren't praying to be able to choke him out. :lol: There was no real reason for him to be so pizzed off. All they had to do was look away from the lights. I suspect that these guys were either thugs or something else was flaming his rage. I doubt it was about you.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
randymullaly

Post by randymullaly »

Thanks Mudducker,

I went again this morning and it was slow on the flats but my lights worked fine!

Tight lines my friend!