In case anyone was wondering ...

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Ted in Tallahassee

In case anyone was wondering ...

Post by Ted in Tallahassee »

I have singlehandedly established that there are lots of pinfish and tiny trout around St. Marks.

Oh and some pufferfish too.

The thing that made it all OK was that there was almost NO WIND, which has not been the case for like three months it seems, and it was also warm.

I may not get back out there til May.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: In case anyone was wondering ...

Post by DixieReb »

There were lots of puffers at Aucilla yesterday. We lost a bunch of gulp grubs, them things aint cheap, either. I don't know why you didn't find bigger trout, were you up river or on the flats?
Yours in the South
Ted in Tallahassee

Post by Ted in Tallahassee »

I got out there way too late in the day. I fished a little right off the lighthouse, in the mouth and "throat" area of Big Cove, and a little bit on the flats south off the lighthouse in about 3-4 feet, but it was really getting late by then.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

This is important work. Kudos for your taking it on. Keep up the good work! That is all! :-D
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

It sounds like you fished like we did, but we caught all our fish before 3 pm. After 2 pm we didn't catch anything but junk. I think the falling tide in the morning and just into the rise was best. Good luck with it when you go back. This colder weather should put some fish up the river.
Yours in the South
ertauber

Post by ertauber »

Thursday fished the canal inside of Piney Island depth 12'. Fish finder showed endless stream of large fish passing. Using live shrimp at all depths only one small blue runner and one small trout. No idea what these were. After one hour at 50 degrees we headed in.