New Years Shell Point

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fishfalcon

New Years Shell Point

Post by fishfalcon »

Dodged rainstorms the week of New years and tried to do a little duck hunting. My son killed one, but I missed out. We decided to fish since it was warm. Fished a falling tide with my neighbor using jigs and targeting oyster bars. No redfish, but he did put an 11-0 whipping on me, but all the trout were short. Fished with him the next day and my son came with us. He and Tim caught 4 trout in the first 6 casts so I am now down 15-0 and my lower lip is sticking out. I hook a fish and it ends up being a puffer. Bummer, but at least I caught something. I then hooked a nice trout and play him to the side of the boat where he calmly spits the hook. I am completely disgusted at this point so I switched to a twitch bait and luck changed. I caught 4 keepers to 19" and my son caught a keeper also. The next day, we boated 7 keepers to 18" plus numerous shorts. The weather started cooling off and the next day the only trout were caught by young anglers on a popping cork rig. Good times.
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Re: New Years Shell Point

Post by Harmsway »

Good times, indeed.
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
cast-n-stone
Site Sponsor

Post by cast-n-stone »

:thumbup:
CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Post by CoastalPirate »

It's been awhile since Ive seen a report from Shell Point! Great report and glad you finally got your turn to land some quality fish.
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate