March 5th 2016 - NFGFC Tourney ROLL CALL

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

milto
Site Sponsor

March 5th 2016 - NFGFC Tourney ROLL CALL

Post by milto »

We had a great turn out our first tournament of the year!! The redfish side pot paid out $420!!! Hope to see everyone and more back this month!!

The NFGFC March 5, 2016 Tournament will be held out of Keaton Beach - WEIGH IN WILL BE AT WALTER B's (the store / gas station just before the curve)
Anglers may launch from any ramp between Steinhatchee to Econfina. Safelight is 6:26a.m.
Please review the rules at http://www.nfgfc.org/Rules.html
Entry forms are located at http://www.nfgfc.org/Payments.html

-Tournament entry fee is $20 per (2 person) boat for club members if you register at the meeting on March 5th. $10 per each additional member (up to 4 anglers) All non members will pay an additional $5 on top of all regular member fees.

**THERE WILL NOT BE SAME DAY SIGN UP THIS YEAR. IF YOU WANT TO REGISTER AND CANNOT MAKE IT TO THE MEETING YOU CAN REGISTER WITH OUR EASY ONLINE PAYMENTS WITH PAYPAL. CLICK HERE << http://www.nfgfc.org/Payments.html>>

-PLEASE BRING EXACT CHANGE FOR ENTRY FEES AND EACH OF THE SIDE POTS. At registration, those who have their forms filled out will be registered first.

Tournament Format: Weigh 5 legal Trout (15"-20" and one over 20"). The combined weight of each team’s 5 fish will determine the winner.
Side pots:
Big Trout - $5 per person, everyone on the boat must participate to win.
Big Redfish - $10 per person, everyone on the boat must participate to win.
$5 per boat, Most combined weight of all tournament fish (Trout, Red, Flounder, & Mystery fish) ***does not count toward angler of the year points***

Kevin’s Fine Outdoor Gear and Apparel, http://www.kevinscatalog.com/ will continue to offer a $50.00 gift certificate for the biggest Flounder at each North Florida Gulf Fishing Club Tournament for 2015.

Thanks to Bevis Realty., http://www.bevisrealty.com/ for sponsoring the February Mystery Fish; $50 for the Largest Black Sea Bass.

http://www.basspro.com/Tallahassee is sponsoring the redfish with the most spots with a $50 Bass Pro Gift card.

Teams must be checked in by 4:30 pm on tournament day. The weigh-in will begin at 4:45 pm and teams will weigh their fish in the order of entry.

Who's In?
Last edited by milto on February 23rd, 2016, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mpa_72001

Re: March 5th 2016 - NFGFC Tourney ROLL CALL

Post by mpa_72001 »

The weigh in gonna be back at 3:30 for this one?
One Keeper

Post by One Keeper »

BASS BOYS WILL BE THERE FRIDAY, :thumbup:
Hollywood
Site Sponsor

Post by Hollywood »

Team Chasin' Tail will be there.
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

milto wrote:Teams must be checked in by 4:30 pm on tournament day. The weigh-in will begin at 4:45 pm and teams will weigh their fish in the order of entry.
Last one at 4:30. all the rest will be 3:30.
gary z

Post by gary z »

Patti and I will be there. She can't wait. So good to have her back on the boat.
Think the fish welcomed her back very nicely!! thanks for a great February tourney!
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

Updated the weigh in location
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Stinson and Taylor will be there as always. Looking forward to it. :thumbup:
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

I'm in. My 11lb kevlar canoe order finally arrived from New York. This tourney will be my first attempt at a stringer that outweighs my boat. Hoping NFGFC does not prohibit paddle boats next year.
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

Southern Custom Rods is still interested in becoming a sponsor if it isn't too late! PM me with the info on who I need to get in contact with please sir!
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

dombern34 wrote:Southern Custom Rods is still interested in becoming a sponsor if it isn't too late! PM me with the info on who I need to get in contact with please sir!
PM sent
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

We had a total of 23 boats joins us this month for our Keaton tournament, and we paid out over $1300 in payouts. Thanks again to Walter at Walter B's in Keaton for having us for our weigh in. I will have the results up shortly, but here are the top winners

1st - Pat Irwin & Casey Cook had over 13lbs of trout
2nd - Sam Mock & Lloyd Maresco had over 12lbs
3rd - James Padgett & Doug Tran also had over 12lbs

Big trout - James Padgett
Big Red - Keith Lewis
Mystery fish - None caught
Big Flounder - Darien Angelier
Most Spots - William Davis
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

p.s. Just thought I would send out a note in regards to yesterdays tournament.

Just so everyone also knows, the only reason we changed the cutoff registration time is so we had enough time to get the cash for the payouts since it is generally online payments that would come late. We used to do same day sign ups which was inconvenient for the tournament director and other club officials. Signing up late gave no advantage to any anglers, and we as a club CANNOT pick and choose who we let and not let fish because of this rule. IMO the more boats or anglers we have the better the payout and club is. If anyone has any questions or concerns, please reach out to me or if you would like to help out with the club this year or next we are looking for the next set of anglers to start taking on duties and help with making these fun decisions.
Last edited by milto on March 7th, 2016, 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

I'm happy to volunteer to be a club officer next year. Would love to see the guts of how some rules are made.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

:smt004
Last edited by Gulf Coast on March 7th, 2016, 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.