Levy Bay

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

randymullaly

Levy Bay

Post by randymullaly »

River fishing has been slow (to say the least) so gonna do something a little different. Gonna try fishing Panacea. Anybody ever fish much around Levy Bay? Love to have some feedback on the area.
rockyg

Re: Levy Bay

Post by rockyg »

Good ramp at the marina. Don't try to use the one at the end of Levy Bay road. Small boat only.

Levy Bay is a shallow with tidal creeks. Some oyster bars and hidden rocks. Use caution. It gets SHALLOW at low tide. The Kayak guys love that area because it's hard to access in a boat.

The main channel out to the gulf from the marina is safe. Oyster Bay is a minefield. Extreme caution. Fishing around Pine Island can be very good.

Good luck. Go slow hot rod. :)
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
randymullaly

Post by randymullaly »

Thanks Rocky. Ive been out there once with Steve Hourigan. It was in my center console and on a falling tide. This was right after knee surgery. Falling tide. Glad Hourigan was there to get out and push the boat THREE TIMES so I understand the shallow part. This Pro Angler is rated at a 9" draft so a much skinnier boat and thinking fishing that area on an incoming tide would be the thing to do. If you can ever break away during the week, give me a call. It would be great to go fishing with you again and catch up. I know I could certainly learn a lot from you.
fish reaper

Post by fish reaper »

If you are going to go to panacea you might as well come to Carrabelle lot of trout right now