Skunked but tried

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Tallahasseefisherman

Skunked but tried

Post by Tallahasseefisherman »

Been fishing the past three days in a row and all I have caught is a stingray. I don't know what I am doing wrong... I used to consider myself a pretty good fisherman, but lack of a boat or kayak makes me feel like I have had my legs taken out from under me. . I have fished wakulla beach, the cut on st George and mashes sands beach all the way to the creek and haven't caught so much as a pin fish. I'm goin again today to have another crack at it. Any advice? And if anyone wants to go fishing tomorrow, I'm ready. Can't wait to hear from you guys. Tight lines
Just a Guest

Re: Skunked but tried

Post by Just a Guest »

I'm in the same boat. Fished St Marks two Saturdays ago and yesterday. We were skunked both times. Thought we were doing everything right, but no success. I know of a guy through a buddy who has been catching some of the biggest reds that I have seen out of the area. I haven't fished my whole life, but they sure are big fish. Just wish it was me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tallahasseefisherman

Post by Tallahasseefisherman »

Caught my first eating fish today. Success!! Caught a huge trout. Will post thread when I get home. I finally did something right.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Glad you caught one, now just go back and do whatever it was you did and you should catch more trout! :-D
Yours in the South
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Tallahasseefisherman wrote:Caught my first eating fish today. Success!! Caught a huge trout. Will post thread when I get home. I finally did something right.
Thanks for a good report. You are either a devoted fisherman or awfully hungry to never give up. Often times that is just what it takes. Wishing you more and more success.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP