kayak on the aucilla

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fish10

kayak on the aucilla

Post by fish10 »

Took a couple of hours yesterday and kayaked the Aucilla from the landing on 98 down to Williams Fish camp. flyishing with a sinking tip and tried large and small flies and gaudy to subtle color patterns. Nothing happening, no fish seen feeding and only a couple of mullet jumping. Anybody having any better luck? was a beautiful day on the water regardless of the absence of fish! Tried Goose Pasture the day before with no better luck but did see lots of mullet.
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Re: kayak on the aucilla

Post by red_yakker »

I put in at Goose Pasture on Sunday and took the Slave Canal to the Nutall Rise ramp (98 bridge). We threw beetle-spins off and on the whole way, but didn't catch or even see the first bream. Saw a few bass, but none were interested in the beetle-spin. I tried the creek by my house the next day with some earthworms and only caught 2 all day, so I'm thinking it was just a bad weekend. I'm thinking it should pick up over the next few weeks with the weather warming up. :thumbup:
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: kayak on the aucilla

Post by DixieReb »

Sounds like fun. I've had some luck freshwater fishing lately using white curlytails on a 1/32 oz. unpainted jighead. I also noticed they didn't want a beetle-spin, maybe not warm enough?
Yours in the South