Ecofina fishing 3/5/16

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Ecofina fishing 3/5/16

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Bob the builder and I got on the water around 10:00 and headed out. Man what a beautiful day on the water. Headed to the creek mouths near Hickory mound. Talked to Blue Spinner and shortly after that caught this little guy. Image. But none of his friends were around. This little fellow hitch hiked a ride and was our mascot for the day. Image. We moved around a lot and saw lots of folks not catching too. When we moved to a big creek past Hick mound we found the trout. Sort of. Image. Image. Image. But hey better than sitting at the house. After the water started dropping we went on the flats. You would think with 63 degree water they would be around. But nope no dice. Boat ran great and we had fun. So it was a good day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Ecofina fishing 3/5/16

Post by DixieReb »

Blue Spinner has already caught the big ones. lol. :lol: Glad you got out, I haven't been lately.
Yours in the South
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

DixieReb wrote:Blue Spinner has already caught the big ones. lol. :lol: Glad you got out, I haven't been lately.
No doubt. He caught them all it seems. Lol. Seemed to be a boat in every hole. But don't think anyone was doing very good.

Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

good to talk to yall this morning , did not catch all of the big fish
all of the short fish are to the east we caught 10 short to 1 151/2" fish on Thursday
you caught something we could not find for 3 days a red
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Blue spinner wrote:good to talk to yall this morning , did not catch all of the big fish
all of the short fish are to the east we caught 10 short to 1 151/2" fish on Thursday
you caught something we could not find for 3 days a red
. It was sheer luck not skill. Was just glad to be out today. Good talking to you too just wish I had your catching skills. Lol

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Sure was a nice day. Image

cast-n-stone
Site Sponsor

Post by cast-n-stone »

Thanks for the post and glad you had good day other than catchin. On the selfish side, since I couldnt go, makes me feel better not much goin on!!
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

cast-n-stone wrote:Thanks for the post and glad you had good day other than catchin. On the selfish side, since I couldnt go, makes me feel better not much goin on!!
. I wish more folks would post even if not catching. Not a lot of activity this time of year. I like seeing the pics when I can't go. I did not talk to anybody that did good.

GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

I fished the creeks just west of the main river on Saturday, while competing in the NFGFC tourney. Was hoping to catch the last of the outgoing tide, but got to the creeks late, just as the tide started back in. Freelined live minnows. First cast yielded a 27.5 inch fat red (worthless for the tourney). Hits on every cast for the next 20 minutes (4 slot trout, one upper slot red, and a gator trout that got away and broke my heart) but as the incoming tide got stronger, the bite died.

I'm on spring break from teaching next week, and plan to spend most of it researching the small creeks on both sides of Econfina. Contact me if you want to know what I find.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

GaryDroze wrote:I fished the creeks just west of the main river on Saturday, while competing in the NFGFC tourney. Was hoping to catch the last of the outgoing tide, but got to the creeks late, just as the tide started back in. Freelined live minnows. First cast yielded a 27.5 inch fat red (worthless for the tourney). Hits on every cast for the next 20 minutes (4 slot trout, one upper slot red, and a gator trout that got away and broke my heart) but as the incoming tide got stronger, the bite died.

I'm on spring break from teaching next week, and plan to spend most of it researching the small creeks on both sides of Econfina. Contact me if you want to know what I find.
. I would definitely like to know that info. We tried to get shrimp at JR's and the river store but they were out. Probably would have done better if we got some. Glad you got the fish.

SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Thanks for the good report Hit-n-Miss and the pictures! All I can report is that I wish I was fishing. My nephew went, he's like Gary, he catches fish when they aren't biting but he had a bad day. Maybe next time!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
flatsjunky777

Post by flatsjunky777 »

Glad to see you made it out. I talked to Daniel this past weekend and he said you would be trying it out soon. Like you and the other said, at least you got to go. Hope our trip at the end of April does better than last year.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

flatsjunky777 wrote:Glad to see you made it out. I talked to Daniel this past weekend and he said you would be trying it out soon. Like you and the other said, at least you got to go. Hope our trip at the end of April does better than last year.
. I'll get out a time or two more before the April trip. I'm with you I hope the trip is way better this year.

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

SS-342 wrote:Thanks for the good report Hit-n-Miss and the pictures! All I can report is that I wish I was fishing. My nephew went, he's like Gary, he catches fish when they aren't biting but he had a bad day. Maybe next time!
Hope the flats turn on soon. It will be time to get out there.