Before and after and encounter with a Ecofina rock.

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Before and after and encounter with a Ecofina rock.

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Last Saturday fishing in close I idled into a rock that stopped us cold. This was the damage. Image. The other side chipped too but not to the glass. So today I fixed it with two layers of some marine putty with hardener. This is the after. Image. 1st time doing this so I think it turned out ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Hit-n-Miss on March 14th, 2016, 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hit-n-Miss

Re: Before and after and encounter with a Ecofina rock.

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Image. This is the stuff I used. It hardens quick and is pretty easy to use. That is after Mr Bellamy gave me a tip on how to mix it. The directions are cryptic. It's two drops of hardener to one teaspoon of putty.

Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

Had the same chunks out, used the same stuff to do the repair. It has held up well so far. Either know you will be repairing like that or get an 1/8" thick tin hull. :-D
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Redbelly wrote:Had the same chunks out, used the same stuff to do the repair. It has held up well so far. Either know you will be repairing like that or get an 1/8" thick tin hull. :-D
. That's good to know it holds up. You put anything on it as a top coat? Or as is?

Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

I thought about painting it. Its down under and not noticeable unless you bend down and look for it. Just left it bare.
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

Don't know your boat manufacture but this is what I have used on my Pathfinder and it's a perfect match and easy to work with. http://www.spectrumcolor.com/Items.aspx ... E&incl_m=T
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
cast-n-stone
Site Sponsor

Post by cast-n-stone »

I heard Bellamy has his place for sale. Will be sad to see him retire. Always fun to rummage around in his "showroom". Unbeleiveable wealth of knowledge he has. Him and Porter in woodville are a national treasure as far as I am concerned as far as boating/repair knowledge.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

cast-n-stone wrote:I heard Bellamy has his place for sale. Will be sad to see him retire. Always fun to rummage around in his "showroom". Unbeleiveable wealth of knowledge he has. Him and Porter in woodville are a national treasure as far as I am concerned as far as boating/repair knowledge.
. Yeah it's for sale. He's a great guy and a lot of people don't appreciate him. He's loaned mr tools to work on my boat before and has a wealth of knowledge. You need something he has it.

SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Sorry about your accident but the fix looks GREAT! Thanks for the information. It is just a matter of time before……!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP