Keaton Beach????

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

slayer

Keaton Beach????

Post by slayer »

well...

I am "assuming" that there hasn't been a change with the Keaton Beach Marina and/or its boat lift....damn shame when such a resource goes unused, but it is what it is....Plan on being down next week, so I reckon we will be staying in Perry and just make the drive out to the public boat ramp at Keaton....not a lot of reports for the area, but I have a few reliable sources, so I wont make the trip completely blind......anyone been down to Keaton lately???? did ya fish north or south???? results????
2006 Nautic Star 2200 bay
2015 Suzuki DF225
Garmin 93SV
Uniden Oceanus VHF
Minn Kota Riptide ST 80 I-Pilot

One half of Team Redneck !!!!!

doomtrpr_z71

Re: Keaton Beach????

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

I'll be down Thursday, I fished last week north of Steinhatchee and did good. I don't think they ever fixed the boat lift in Keaton anyway.
Mister Mullet

Post by Mister Mullet »

Here's the report from Capt. Pat McGriff in today's Democrat:

Keaton Beach Fishing Report April 15,16, 2016

We had some great fishing days, some good fishing days and some fine days on the water depending on the direction of the w-i-n-d.

Water temperatures moved around, from 64 degrees early to 70 late when it cooled off, then jumped back to 67-68 degrees in the a.m. to 74-75 in the late afternoons.
The best "trout bite" has been the last hour of the incoming tide, at least this past week. Look for that trend to shift this weekend , as the early mornings will hold the incoming tide so the "bite" may be early...say the first hour-and-a-half of the tide.

We had 12 trout and three reds Monday for Pete Giddens and Kay Willingham of Ocilla, Ga. then I took Andy and Jed Jackson with their friend Chris Menhennett all of Live Oak, Florida out Tuesday, and they caught their limit of 15 trout and 6 reds to 23 inches. We fished live pinfish under Back Bay Thunders each day, while I caught three nice keeper trout on Kopper's Live Target soft shrimp ( glass shrimp pattern) under the Cajun Thunder while fishing in 4 - 5 feet of water Monday.

The trout have preferred the w-i-n-d from the South; but we have had more days with a "West" prescription and on those days look to fish 5 - 6 feet early in the tide and move up in 4 '- 5' later on.

Reds have been here today, gone tomorrow, moving around running from the too-fresh water in the creeks and shifting with the w-i-n-d directions. All ours have come in on live pinfish under Back Bays this week.
jzimmer

Post by jzimmer »

Marina closed, Fish are biting
bigblister
Site Sponsor

Post by bigblister »

Fished yesterday in a gale. Fish bite was on all day. 3 guys limited in about an hour. We picked up a red as well.

Water temp was 69 degrees. Not many boats out either.
image.jpeg
Dsr
Dsr
Red
Red
Blister
Matthew 4:19
slayer

Post by slayer »

Thanks for the update....will be down Wednesday , and will be there thru Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Nautic Star 2200 bay
2015 Suzuki DF225
Garmin 93SV
Uniden Oceanus VHF
Minn Kota Riptide ST 80 I-Pilot

One half of Team Redneck !!!!!

bigblister
Site Sponsor

Post by bigblister »

Another good day. 4 foot to 4.5. Live shrimp was the ticket.
Kw jr
Kw jr
image.jpeg
Sr
Sr
image.jpeg
Blister
Matthew 4:19
lordsfisher
Site Sponsor

Post by lordsfisher »