Redfish

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Redfish

Post by onefishtwofish »

Caught 4 yesterday, east of St Marks. Not as good as normal for this time of year, but may be salinity issue. The water was dark and tasted fresh everywhere we went. We kept one each for dinner, in respect of the new limits. Not really, only 3 were slot and there were three of us. I only keep one anyways, unless my son is in town-wife and daughter don't eat fish. They were 20-23". I have not been since January, so no opinion on numbers from me. One trip is a story, not evidence.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Re: Redfish

Post by GaryDroze »

Dang, still fresh?

The last two weekends I was down there, the Refuge creeks were fresh. The water control structures on Stoney Bayou Pool #1 have been opened so that the pool has almost emptied of fresh water. Millions of gallons of that fresh water has found its way through the levees and into all the creeks. Was hoping it had dispersed by now. The creeks were barren last Saturday, and even Stoney Bayou looked yucchy up at the north end. Not looking too good for the weekend.
luceror
Site Sponsor

Re: Redfish

Post by luceror »

Those fresh water creeks that are now drained.. Are they used to contain runoff. Just curious why they are drained