Graduating Soon, Going to Miss BBF

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jslorenz3

Graduating Soon, Going to Miss BBF

Post by jslorenz3 »

I will be graduating in two weeks from FSU with my degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering and moving back home to Orlando to start working with a Civil firm. I wanted to say thank you to all the members of BBF. Even though I have not met many of you personally, I still consider you all friends and I know if I ever got in a pinch on the water that a BBF member would come help me. I would do the same for ya'll.

I really fell in love with the outdoors Tallahassee has to offer. My personal favorites became the St. Marks NWR, Lake Jackson, and the Aucilla WMA. There is nothing like fishing the creeks in the winter and the flats in the spring. In many ways, the fishing here is different than at home, but I came to like it more. Less people, and more fish! I was lucky enough to have a 1953 14' Orlando Clipper that my grandpa gave me when I graduated high school. He owned the boat for many years prior. The darn thing does not leak one drop.

I'm going to miss Tallahassee and the BBF, but I'll be back (for other, less fishing and more girlfriend reasons :lol: )

Here are some of the highlights of my time in the Big Bend:

Killed my first archery buck here.....

I also caught my first cobia up here....

Killed my first two turkeys....

And got into scalloping. My dad and I go every year now, and I see that tradition continuing.

Being on the water and in the woods during college has given me great memories and great friends that I will have forever.
Scalp 'em Noles!
FSU Class of 2016
Civil Engineering Major
FUTCHCAIRO

Re: Graduating Soon, Going to Miss BBF

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

I KNOW WHAT YA MEAN ABOUT THE DIFFERENCE IN FISHING AROUND ORLANDO AND OVER HERE ON THE FORGOTTEN COAST. I LIVED OVER ON THE RIDGE AND FISHED MOST OF THOSE LAKES AND THE KISSIMEE RIVER DOWN TO THE BIG POND. I STILL WOULD LOVE TO FISH SOME OF THE LAKES AND THE STIK-POND OVER ON THE EAST COAST BUT AGE DOES A NUMBER ON YA AND I CAN NOT BEGIN TO DO THE FISHING I WOULD LIKE TO. WE STILL HAVE A LAKE PLACE DOWN JUST WEST OF PALATKA, I MIGHT JUST SELL OUT OF THE OLD HOME PLACE AND MOVE BACK DOWN THERE.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Good luck! I expect a fish and game population explosion soon after you leave. :-D
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
countrycorners

Post by countrycorners »

Thanks for sharing the pictures.
I suspect you'll be back up here from time to time!
guthooked
Site Sponsor

Post by guthooked »

Best of luck too you.
lordsfisher
Site Sponsor

Post by lordsfisher »

Congrats on graduating from engineering. Tough stuff, so I'm sure you'll do well. Maybe they will put one of your pics up as the photo of the month as a farewell tribute. :-)
"O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you." Psalm 84:12
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Good Luck down there in the rat race. I moved up here from Tampa in 1994 when the civil engineering firm I was working for at the time needed a licensed surveyor in Tallahassee. I haven't regretted the move at all. The only two things I miss about Tampa are the snook and the authentic cuban food.

You will probably be back. There are plenty of good civil engineering firms here in Tallahassee.

- Steve Stinson
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Believe it or not, you can actually log on to BBF from Orlando, wherever that is..... :-D

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Dubble Trubble wrote:Believe it or not, you can actually log on to BBF from Orlando, wherever that is..... :-D

My same thoughts. You can still be a part of us with your new adventures. Congratulations and wishing you much success.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
jslorenz3

Post by jslorenz3 »

SS-342 wrote:
Dubble Trubble wrote:Believe it or not, you can actually log on to BBF from Orlando, wherever that is..... :-D

My same thoughts. You can still be a part of us with your new adventures. Congratulations and wishing you much success.
I'll still be on!
Scalp 'em Noles!
FSU Class of 2016
Civil Engineering Major