Where are the Tarpon

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

hops

Where are the Tarpon

Post by hops »

The last I heard was the Tarpon were at Lanark reef. I haven't seen them. I normally fish Carrabelle, St. George, PSJ. Can someone tell me where they are now? I will be able to fish again on the 14th or 15th. Thank You.
FUTCHCAIRO

Re: Where are the Tarpon

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

I WOULD THINK THE POONS ARE STILL DOWN AROUND THE CLEARWATER - HERNANDO COUNTY AREA SAW SEVERAL REPORTS ON ANOTHER FORUM IN THAT AREA.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

I chased a pod in Carrabelle a week ago. They would not eat. Was not fishing for them, just saw them roll and tried putting pinfish in front of them. No takers.

3 weeks ago they were still thick in Boca Grande.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
D33037

Post by D33037 »

Yesterday there was a bunch of them around Carrabelle and Lanark. A friend of mine hooked up two of them at Bald point this morning.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

These aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along, move along.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

silverking wrote:These aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along, move along.
:lol:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
hops

Post by hops »

Thanks guys. Normally, I am out there more and able to seek them out. I found them close to St. George Island for a week straight last year about this same time. I prefer The Carrabelle area. I always seem like I do a little better around Lanark reef. Again appreciate the info.