Thoughts on knots

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Jhults11

Re: Thoughts on knots

Post by Jhults11 »

Double Uni
"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing it's not the fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau
Capt Ron

Post by Capt Ron »

All of those" double whatever" knots make a big lump and if it goes through your tip top guide, one of 2 things will occur...you'll knock the insert out at a most inopportune time or you will degrade the "double whatever to the point it will fail. If you're casting learn the FG knot, if you're bottom fishing use what ever floats your boat, but the double uni is hard to beat
xXLoneBowmanXx

Post by xXLoneBowmanXx »

Capt Ron wrote:All of those" double whatever" knots make a big lump and if it goes through your tip top guide, one of 2 things will occur...you'll knock the insert out at a most inopportune time or you will degrade the "double whatever to the point it will fail. If you're casting learn the FG knot, if you're bottom fishing use what ever floats your boat, but the double uni is hard to beat

I got the double uni on a strictly bottom rod and the FG on all others.
NOAA reports are the reason I have trust issues.
Phil. 4:8

Post by Phil. 4:8 »

Uni to uni is great, but the swivel connection is easier and you get less twists when you use live bait. Just thinking?
loganh3101

Post by loganh3101 »

Uni to Uni. This video is how I learned to tie it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ8XLIe ... WL&index=4