Falcon LowRider Rods

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Falcon LowRider Rods

Post by fishinfool »

Let me start by saying I am a big G. Loomis fan. I also have a custom rod, that I love, from Southern Customs. Now, I have been watching some fishing shows and noticed C.A. Richardson endorsing Falcon LowRider rods.
Does anyone have any real world experience with them and what do you think?
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Re: Falcon LowRider Rods

Post by Flint River Pirate »

I've had one for 10 years and I LOVE it! I'm also a big G-Loomis fan but the Falcon Rods are up there with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Team Jolly Mon
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

C.A has been pushing falcon for as long as I can remember! I can't bad mouth a falcon at all. I believe if I wasn't building rods, falcon would be the company I would go with. Loomis isn't the same since shimano bought them..
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Falcon Rods was a great sponsor of the NFGFC for a long time. Several of us fish their rods because of their support of the club. They are just as C.A. describes them - similar to getting a custom rod from a store rack. However, I have several G. Loomis Greenwaters and would not put them on the level with the G. Loomis rods.

Falcon had a management change and quit sponsoring the NFGFC, but I wish we had them back. I can lend you one if you want to fish it for a couple trips to see how you like it.

- Steve Stinson
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

I like mine, its the best $30 rod Ive ever fished with.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Can'tCatchAnything

Post by Can'tCatchAnything »

My buddy has a Lowrider paired with a little Daiwa 1300 SS spinning reel. It's light weight, great action, and balanced perfectly. He rarely fishes anymore and I still can't convince him to sell the rig to me. My other comparison for a "nice" rod is my Loomis E6x inshore paired with a stradic 4000FK that is light and durable, but not as balanced as my buddy's falcon.
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Steve Stinson wrote:These aren't $30 rods.....http://www.cabelas.com/product/Falcon-L ... lsrc=aw.ds
It is when Walmart put it on clearance. I don't like it as much as my kistler but I do like it a little better than my St Croix Tidewater.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Steve Stinson wrote:These aren't $30 rods.....http://www.cabelas.com/product/Falcon-L ... lsrc=aw.ds
Ha!! Yeah, I paid $169 for mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Team Jolly Mon
hambric85

Post by hambric85 »

When my uncle was still with us, he was a falcon pro. I've seen many rods from them and the changes that were made. Great rods. If I didn't have a great rod builder like Dom (southern custom) here in town, I'd be fishing them. For those of you that take wife/kids with you, the action s of their blanks are very forgiving and can help less experienced anglers who can't generate a lot of rod speed, cast much further. A+ products in my book. I'd just rather have a dozen customs on st.croix sc3 blanks made how I want for different techniques. Dom, are you finished with my 2 rods????

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Artistic Violence

Post by Artistic Violence »

doomtrpr_z71 wrote:
It is when Walmart put it on clearance. I don't like it as much as my kistler but I do like it a little better than my St Croix Tidewater.
Are you sure you're not mixing up the Lowriders with the Coastals?

I got two Falcon Coastal XGs from Walmart some months back for 30 bucks when they were on clearance. The original clearance price was $45, but they reduced the two I picked up even lower because they were missing tips. I emailed Falcon to find out which particular tips they used on the rods, and they ended mailing me replacement tips, free of charge.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk