New glass

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

hambric85

New glass

Post by hambric85 »

Guys wanted to get y'all's opinion. I've been using the Costa 580g green mirror for about a year. Great lenses, just wondering if there's anything better. Been seeing a lot of Smith stuff lately. Whats out there that lets you see better when you're looking for fins in the shallows?? Thanks

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Re: New glass

Post by fishinfool »

I too have been hearing a lot about Smith Optics. My optician has been raving about them, specifically the "Chromapop" lenses. Because I need Rx lenses I am a little shy about putting out the $$$ without trying them first.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I have had some Smith Optics / Chromapop glasses for more than a year. They are good, but not as tough as glass lenses. Unfortunately, they are made out of some sort of plastic or polymer that scratches easier than the older, heavier glass lenses. So, vision wise :thumbup: , durability wise :thumbdown:

Good fishin'
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

fishinfool wrote:I too have been hearing a lot about Smith Optics. My optician has been raving about them, specifically the "Chromapop" lenses. Because I need Rx lenses I am a little shy about putting out the $$$ without trying them first.
Can the wrap style smith glasses be done in RX? That has been an issue. I have the Costa 580p RX in blue mirror but they cost so much it is unbelievable. When my RX changes I don't know what I will do. They are very good but just too expensive.

EJ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Check out RCI Optics. Italian made, with the company based right on Florida's right coast near Cocoa Beach (get it? Right Coast Independent?)

I've worn Costas, WileyX, etc.. RCI's fit better and am a much bigger fan of their lenses - fantastic stuff. Prices are comparable.

They just came out with their newest lens tech, as well: the H780 IR Polarized Lens

I wear the Mosquito Lagoon's in Sunrise Copper Gold lens, GREAT for inshore.

Check out their site: http://www.rcioptics.com/
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image