Home made stick it anchor

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Home made stick it anchor

Post by onefishtwofish »

I am going to order a 3/4" x 8 foot fiberglass tree stake and make my own Stick it style anchor. Some folks use bicycle grips and some make a T grip out of PVC. I am getting them from Amazon. They are $10.49 and it is $8.44 for shipping. I checked and getting 4 of them only increases the shipping to to $12.79. I think I will make 2 of them. I had a stick I sold with my previous boat and loved it for that boat. Don't need it on my current boat as it has a Power Pole. But I want one for my duck hunting boat and my Puddler style kayak for duck hunting.

I was just checking to see if anyone wanted me to order one for them before I placed the order and we can save on shipping. I have never used these rods, but plenty of folks have and seem happy with them. If you want me to order one, just let me know. I probably will not order for a couple of weeks. You will need to come pick it up in Quincy. It is just for the rod, you can sharpen the tip and make your own handle.

If there is any interest, I would just charge the per piece price (10.49) and we can all split the shipping based on how many are ordered. No desire to make money, just split the shipping costs if there is any interest. I could not find these for a reasonable price in 10' lengths (shipping was terrible).

https://www.amazon.com/Fiberstake-Fiber ... B003405FVW
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
dnichol59

Re: Home made stick it anchor

Post by dnichol59 »

Might check these poles and components out. They cost a little more but if someone was willing to drive to Marietta, GA could save on shipping. I have built several using the couplers to make them more versatile (gig, push pole, paddle, lure retriever, etc.)

http://www.mgs4u.com/shallow-water-boat ... %20article
youngbearman

Post by youngbearman »

Count me in. Ive been looking for one.
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

Graingers has 3/4 x10' for 39.95 with no shipping if you pick it up @ their store on Pensacola St. next to TCC.
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

I was told the Graingers were unfinished glass. Is that not true?

Plus, if you are in a rush, get it in your hands quick is a benefit as I will not be doing this for a few weeks. I just made the offer for someone wanting to do it on the cheap. I'll check back on this thread before I place the order.
micci_man

Post by micci_man »

A guy that makes them gave me one at a mud run 2 weekends ago with a PVC T handle. He calls them spud poles. Lots of boats had them and they worked good. I use bamboo currently but if this one works as good I'll get 3 more to replace the bamboo.
Don't major in the minor stuff in life
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Doc, my bro in law just got a little G3. I'm good for one for him for a boat warming gift if you haven't pulled the trigger yet :thumbup:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Not yet. It will probably not be until mid September. I will check back here before I pull the plug.