FISHING ST.MARKS

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

FUTCHCAIRO

FISHING ST.MARKS

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

MY OLDEST SON AND I WENT DOWN TO THE ST. MARKS LIGHTHOUSE AND LAUNCHED THE BOAT, WE HAD JUST HEARD ON THE RADIO THAT THERE WERE SMALL CRAFT WARNINGS BUT WE WENT ON ANYWAY. THIS WAS ONE TIME IN 10,000 THE WEATHER MAN WAS RIGHT. THE WAVES WERE ABOUT 1 1/2 FT. AT ABOUT EVERY 5 SECONDS. WE WERE ROCKING AND ROLLING THE WHOLE TIME WE WERE ON THE WATER. REALLY BAD CONDITIONS TO TRY AND FISH IN. I MANAGED TO CATCH 1 UNDERSIZE TROUT, AND GOT CUT OFF BY A LARGE SPANISH. E.J. HAD SEVERAL STRIKES BUT DID NOT HOOK UP ON ANY OF THEM. IT WAS GREAT BEING WITH MY SON FOR A COUPLE OF HOUR BUT WE TOOK A BEATING FROM THE WIND AND WAVES. ON THE WAY HOME WE TOOK CAP.CIR. E. AND IT TOOK OVER AN HOUR TO GET AROUND TALLAHASSEE , BACK WHEN CARL BROWN AND I FISHED THE GULF A LOT TAKING CAP. CIR. E. WOULD ONLY TAKE ABOUT `15 MIN.
I HOPE THE NEXT TIME I GET TO GO TO THE GULF, IT WILL BE COOL WITH JUST A LIGHT BREEZE TO KEEP US MOVING ACROSS THE FLATS AND BE ABLE TO LIMIT OUT ON SOME FISH.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
Hit-n-Miss

Re: FISHING ST.MARKS

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Glad you got out. Sorry weather not cooperate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TomParis
Site Sponsor

Post by TomParis »

We went out this evening, trying to catch Redfish, no luck but it was a nice evening. (we put in at 7pm and came back at 8:45) so it was calm by this time.

Image13887053_10208877113298026_7477484269915970750_n by TomParisOBC, on Flickr
1976 Seacraft 20' MA
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

Great evening to get out there.

I think I saw you launching (the guy who yelled nice seacraft and thumbs up)..

If it makes you feel better I had similar luck. Fished from 4-7ish and got skunked for the first time in as long as I can remember(not even a short trout).

It was pretty snotty outside of the bird racks, red stained water, deep water(where I think the trout were) was just covered in floating grass and 3' rollers/white caps.

Tough fishing but the wind made for a cool evening for a change.
TomParis
Site Sponsor

Post by TomParis »

My wife said someone yelled nice Seacraft, I did not hear you sorry. But thanks for the compliment. I told my wife and kids even though we didn't catch anything, it was a nice evening for a boat ride!
1976 Seacraft 20' MA
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

TomParis wrote:My wife said someone yelled nice Seacraft, I did not hear you sorry. But thanks for the compliment. I told my wife and kids even though we didn't catch anything, it was a nice evening for a boat ride!

If you ever decide to sell ;-) .

Small world when you think of it. Pass by someone and compliment their boat and then see this post shortly after on the internet.

I'll be sure to say hi if I see you on the river now that i've seen you're boat..
TomParis
Site Sponsor

Post by TomParis »

My wife works Friday nights at TMH so we cannot go Saturday mornings, I have really come to enjoy going on a Thursday or Tuesday evening, no one is hardly out and it sure makes the boat ramp less stressful!

What kind of boat do you have so I can keep an eye for you as well.
1976 Seacraft 20' MA
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

TomParis wrote:My wife works Friday nights at TMH so we cannot go Saturday mornings, I have really come to enjoy going on a Thursday or Tuesday evening, no one is hardly out and it sure makes the boat ramp less stressful!

What kind of boat do you have so I can keep an eye for you as well.

17' Henry O' with a 2 stroke Yamaha.

If you see a center console that says Henry O' on the side its me.. They are a pretty rare boat made similar to Boston Whaler.

Same goes to anyone else and if you see a middle finger its because you're close and ran across my lines out on the flats and i'm not catching.. Don't take it too personally :lol:
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

procraftwes wrote:
TomParis wrote:
Same goes to anyone else and if you see a middle finger its because you're close and ran across my lines out on the flats and i'm not catching.. Don't take it too personally :lol:
Whenever someone gives me the middle finger sign, I always circle their boat a couple of times to be sure I saw them correctly. :smt005
Last edited by MudDucker on August 13th, 2016, 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Please delete.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

After many years of trying I have come to the conclusion you can't teach flats fishing etiquette to someone who frankly doesn't care. Showing them the finger only confuses them. :smt006
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

PUTTING A .44 MAG. IN THE BOW RIGHT AT THE WATER LINE KINDA GETS THEIR ATTENTION AND THEY MOVE ON TO OTHER GROUNDS.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

FUTCHCAIRO wrote:PUTTING A .44 MAG. IN THE BOW RIGHT AT THE WATER LINE KINDA GETS THEIR ATTENTION AND THEY MOVE ON TO OTHER GROUNDS.
PA
SEMPER FI
In all honesty i just give the dirty harry 1000yd scowl.

Most people seem to get it.