St marks report

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

St marks report

Post by onefishtwofish »

Have not been able to fish much lately (that is fixin to change!).

Finally got out to our late August, Early September spot to see if the fish had showed.

Waiting for the tide to change, we decided to fish with artificials. First cast-right at slot size red! Did not even measure him, if he had made it, it would have been a squeeze and we were in go big or go home mode. Shortly after, I hooked in to a larger red and was fighting him for a bit. He spit the hook and as I was reeling it in, fairly quickly, caught a keeper flounder that went in the box.

Got to our spot and landed 2 more reds - one mid slot, one upper slot. Dinner confirmed! Finished out with a nice 23" trout (that we let swim away, they were not on the menu) and one catfish. I was fishing with my nephew and he was fishing the exact same spot, with the exact same bait and he did not get a bite the whole time. Fished about 3.5 hours until the tide changed and headed home in time to beat the rain. Got a nice bonus wash on the way home for a fun, easy day on the water.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Re: St marks report

Post by onefishtwofish »

Oh yeah, they were caught on my Father's Day gift from my wife - a custom made rod from her dad -beautiful white blank with orange and blue thread and a little gator insignia on the butt. Don't be hatin!
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

You did pretty well. I have learned over the years to intentionally throw my first cast about 10 feet out then reel it back quickly. Every time I catch a fish on the very first cast of the day, the rest of the day does not go so well.

Good luck with your new Gator-butt rod :-D :thumbup: .
luceror
Site Sponsor

Post by luceror »

Nice going good report.GO NOLES!!!
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

That's a good day. Love those free boat washes on the ride home!
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Good report Go Noles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk