Storm Damage/Fishing

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

FTReelty

Storm Damage/Fishing

Post by FTReelty »

Any reports on damage at St. Marks? Shell Island Fish Camp/Sheilds/Light House Landing? Is it worth tryin to go fishing on Monday or is there too much fresh water in flats or can you even launch a boat to get out there?
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Re: Storm Damage/Fishing

Post by procraftwes »

FTReelty wrote:Any reports on damage at St. Marks? Shell Island Fish Camp/Sheilds/Light House Landing? Is it worth tryin to go fishing on Monday or is there too much fresh water in flats or can you even launch a boat to get out there?
Going to try to check things out in awhile I'll update here.
FTReelty

Post by FTReelty »

I know it's got to be a mess. Fishing is last thing on their minds. Feel like we all need to rally and see if we can do something to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hambric85

Post by hambric85 »

Buddy of mine had his dock blown away and the boat was stuck on the lift.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
hambric85

Post by hambric85 »

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

No personal info over there but coastal access is being restricted in Taylor county pending cleanup etc. I would expect similar at least to St Marks area.
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
UFBeef

Post by UFBeef »

I drove down to the Fort at St. Marks this morning, water line I saw in St. Marks was high, alot of power lines down and work going on. Boat ramps was still there, looked like it was prior to the storm. One commercial guy appeared to be out. I drove right through town, besides alot of downed trees and power lines and of course the high water, didn't see any other damage. Salvation Army was serving meals near the post office.
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

Just saw on Dixie County Emergency Svcs FB that all beach community access roads are now open (may not be totally clear) also saw pics of county ramp at KB and Steinhatchee all the floating aluminum docks/walk ramps appear to be missing or heavily damaged. Not sure if the ramps are blocked.

Edit Dixie Cty not Taylor
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150