Navy Testing

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Just a Guest

Navy Testing

Post by Just a Guest »

Came across this article earlier today.... Curious what everyone's thoughts are about the testing? I fully support our military, but it can't be good for the marine life in that area. Glad they're not testing in the Gulf!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-ear ... und-bombs/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
countrycorners

Re: Navy Testing

Post by countrycorners »

We need to do stuff like this for a strong defense, as you know. The article doesn't say much about what that explosion would do to a submarine. China, Russia, North Korea, Iran etc etc aren't impressed by how nice we are to the fisheys.
wacissaguy

Post by wacissaguy »

Doesn't mean they can't test farther offshore, when I was in the navy-what tests we went under were conducted 2 days fast sail out of San Diego-like 500 miles out.
leonreno

Post by leonreno »

They were about 100 miles off shore, seems far enough, gets pretty deep over there just a little offshore.
Mister Mullet

Post by Mister Mullet »

All new ships are tested like this. It's part of the shakedown process. Modern torpedoes explode under the keel. Hence the need to do this test. Must have been a slow news day.