Take a kid Fishing?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dombern34
Site Sponsor

Take a kid Fishing?

Post by dombern34 »

is that going on this year? I thought it was normally in October. just curious if the event was still on for this year or not. anyone know?
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Take a kid Fishing?

Post by Salty Gator »

I sent Don England the link to this thread.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
TomParis
Site Sponsor

Post by TomParis »

Events--Free Fishing Weekend occurs the first full weekend in April each year. The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission sponsors numerous events around the state to encourage parents and other responsible adults to "take a kid fishing" and see what they mean when they say "Water Works Wonders." The first full week in June is National Fishing and Boating Week and is a time when businesses around the state and our Division of Marine Fisheries concentrate many of their clinics. Watch the agency event schedule for other special opportunities.

http://myfwc.com/education/outdoor-skil ... hing/when/
1976 Seacraft 20' MA
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Don England retired, I believe. I am not sure if he is continuing this event or not.
Greenbone
Site Sponsor

Post by Greenbone »

Sorry for this late response, Dom I wanted to do TKF again this year and even have the pavilion reserved for Nov 5. I would like to pass the baton over to someone that can continue this annual event , supply them with names number and email addresses from past events. It is an event the children look forward to each year.
Yes Steve I did retire and have been out of town quite a bit with issues with my mom. At this point I would not be available to head up the event.
If you can or know someone who can head up TKF ,please contact me.

Don England
850 510 0828
doneengland@gmail.com