Small Outboard Engine Wanted

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Just a Guest

Small Outboard Engine Wanted

Post by Just a Guest »

I have a buddy who's looking for a small outboard engine. He purchased a small flat back canoe the other day. He's looking for roughly 4-5 hp. I know he's looking for a used one, but I'm sure he would be open to suggestions on new ones.

From looking around on the Internet, it looks like other surrounding City's Craigslist may be his best option.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Small Outboard Engine Wanted

Post by silverking »

This is an older listing for a 5 hp Merc on CL. Might be gone by now. With duck season here, small outboards will be in demand. Your buddy might also check with some local dealers to see what they may have in stock. I'd start with Shields Marina in St. Marks or Porter Marine in Woodville. Might be worth a call or two to a couple of the larger pawn shops as well. Have cash in hand and be ready to pounce whenever one pops up.

http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/bpo/5764704566.html
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

I have a Torqeedo 1003 Lithium/Manganese battery motor that is rated at 4hp and weighs 30lbs (with battery). Specs say it runs 3.5hrs @ half throttle on one charge. Bought it 4 years ago for $1600 but never took it out of the box. (Why not? Cuz I bought a used flatback canoe to fit it on, but DMV would not let me register it, since there was no title & I could not find original owner. No title = no register = no motor allowed!).

This motor was made to push boats a lot bigger than a small canoe. Check out online videos & make an offer if you like what you see. Price is very negotiable!
reelsorry2
Site Sponsor

Post by reelsorry2 »

I have a 4-hp johnson deluxe runs smooth. only run in small ponds trolling for pearch. news plugs and pump easy crank. $600. TEX 229-200-9202
Just a Guest

Post by Just a Guest »

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for responding! Gary, I voted for you just so I could meet you to hear some of your stories. However, I think he's interested in the one from Reelsorry2.

Thanks again guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk