Freeze Warning

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

maydog

Freeze Warning

Post by maydog »

What do you guys do to your boats when there is a hard freeze like is expected later this week?
My boat stays on the trailer at Spring Creek and unfortunately hasn't been in the water in about 6 weeks so I'm fairly certain there isn't any water in the foot, but I forgot the Stabil the last time I added 5 gallons of gas to it.
Is there anything I should do?
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Freeze Warning

Post by silverking »

Wunderground's Friday overnight forecast for St. Marks predicting low of 30 degrees. You should be fine but adding a fuel stabilizer the next time you go coastal is probably a wise move if the boat doesn't get used for extended periods.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
bbb

Post by bbb »

I just read this today on another boating website.

"I always heard and lived by the 24* for 24 hours. If it's getting down to 28 outside for a low temp and back up to 40 in the day should be fine."
maydog

Post by maydog »

Thanks for the help. Wish it was going to be a good weekend to fish....
bbb

Post by bbb »

maydog wrote:Thanks for the help. Wish it was going to be a good weekend to fish....
Florida zone D comes back in for deer. Gonna be a lot of people sitting in trees Saturday morning.

Might have the ocean to yourself.
neckmoe

Post by neckmoe »

I usually wait for the frost to thaw before I launch.....
I don't know when I'm gonna catch my next fish but I know when I do it's gonna be awesome!